Are you ready for Deer Opener?

Discuss all of the great hunting opportunities in Minnesota

Re: Are you ready for Deer Opener?

Postby Spartan on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:41 am

i'm home waiting for the 1st timers and amateurs to call it or kill it ..... i'm going wed to cabin

I was at Orange Friday at Fleet ..... mentally, many of those people to be gone before I donn the orange and carry my gear outdoors. My God is was like banana day at Walmart ..... there were guys saying .... i bought a box of shells 5 years ago and still have 15 left..... i don't need another box ....... one guy was asking clerk if he could shoot .22 lr at a deer..... another guy was arguing about the ar15 is not a hand gun and doesn't need a permit ..... another was buying 3 extra mags for ar15 ...."just in case he had to chase the deer"
another was saying .223 gives the deer a sporting chance since its a small round and doesn't kill right away ...... ***** urggggh puke *****
Spartan

Postby SparkyJeff on Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:45 am

Spartan wrote:i'm home waiting for the 1st timers and amateurs to call it or kill it ..... i'm going wed to cabin

I was at Orange Friday at Fleet ..... mentally, many of those people to be gone before I donn the orange and carry my gear outdoors. My God is was like banana day at Walmart ..... there were guys saying .... i bought a box of shells 5 years ago and still have 15 left..... i don't need another box ....... one guy was asking clerk if he could shoot .22 lr at a deer..... another guy was arguing about the ar15 is not a hand gun and doesn't need a permit ..... another was buying 3 extra mags for ar15 ...."just in case he had to chase the deer"
another was saying .223 gives the deer a sporting chance since its a small round and doesn't kill right away ...... ***** urggggh puke *****

Did you see this guy too?
Badhunters.jpg
Badhunters.jpg (84.91 KB) Viewed 1476 times
A fight for liberty somewhere, is a fight for liberty everywhere.
SparkyJeff

Postby FJ540 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:51 am

Sounds like you met my neighbors Mike. "Choot 'em in da butt or gut and go see if ya can find it." :evil:
FJ540

Postby Packrat on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:30 pm

The neighbor kid hunting with us got the doe about 7am, I got the spike an hour later.
Packrat

Postby Spartan on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:42 pm

FJ540 wrote:Sounds like you met my neighbors Mike. "Choot 'em in da butt or gut and go see if ya can find it." :evil:

I going up by Staples near Nimrod...... I think pretty close to you ...... shoot me a pm .... maybe hook up for a soda and swap lies
Spartan

Postby LittleWisky81 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:21 pm

Yeah... Opening weekend is over rated... We have a place in cheese land... So, aside from spending Thanksgiving with my mom and a bunch of friends at the cabins, I prefer to hunt the 2nd half of the week, and have had better luck on black friday... And no, not at the mall :)
I still have my original box of ammo as well -- no chasin' or but-n-gut, or whatever.
LittleWisky81

Previous

Return to Hunting