Water Bottles

Discuss all of the great hunting opportunities in Minnesota

Re: Water Bottles

Postby xd ED on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:47 am

yukonjasper wrote:When its cold out, they make insulated camelbacks that I've used for skiing and winter camping. I have worn it under my coat so my body heat keeps it from freezing and if you do it correctly and put warm water into, it can keep you warm while you wear it and when you drink it because your ingesting a closer to body temperature liquid

And while I didn't dig mine out to check, I'm pretty sure the tube is insulated right up to the bite valve. Also, when you're done sipping, blow the liquid back into the bladder to keep it at the preferred temp- be that warm or cold.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby msnden on Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:11 pm

shotz90s wrote:I had this conversation with a member tonight already and thought I would save someone else the frustration. Water bottles. You know the ones you get in the 24 packs or individually at the convenience store that are barely more than a stiff plastic bag right? Well these little pieces of crud also make one hell of a noise when you put them down. No matter how careful you are to release your grip on them when a really nice doe is staring right at you but cannot smell you, it will crackle like mad and send said doe off into the brush never to be seen again. Consider this your warning. I should have thought of this and kick myself after last weekend. Because of this I have no venison. Next year, thermos or stiffer bottle. I feel like an idiot :hammer:

I understand, What the hell are these bottles make of? just looking at them makes them "Krackle" I tossed one in my bag, it didn't cost me any venison (that I know of) but went to a heavier plastic container the next day. stiffer bottle is the solution. jmop
msnden

Postby shotz90s on Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:57 pm

I'm starting to think that these things are created by rabid PETA members to deny us our needed meat treats. Its a water bottle conspiracy. Where is Jesse Ventura when you need him?
shotz90s

Postby msnden on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:01 am

shotz90s wrote:I'm starting to think that these things are created by rabid PETA members to deny us our needed meat treats. Its a water bottle conspiracy. Where is Jesse Ventura when you need him?

Very Good!!!!
msnden

Postby gearguy10 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:26 pm

I buy 32 oz. Gatorade bottles at the gas station. I drink one right away to use as a pee bottle and keep a full one in the pack for sippin'.

Only issue I ran into this year was 33 oz. of pee and only 32 oz. of empty bottle. Got a little dicey.

As a side story, the deer I shot 2nd weekend this year happened about 3 hours after I got to my stand and I finally had to pee. I stood up in my stand and grabbed the Gatorade bottle from my pack. With my zipper down, one hand on my who-who dilly, and the other holding the bottle I spotted a doe in some brush I could only see standing up. I set the bottle aside, shouldered the rifle, dropped the deer and then went back to finishing my business.
"Do you think my mind is maturing late, or simply rotted early?" - Ogden Nash
gearguy10

Postby Jack's My dog on Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:29 pm

gearguy10 wrote:I buy 32 oz. Gatorade bottles at the gas station. I drink one right away to use as a pee bottle and keep a full one in the pack for sippin'.

Only issue I ran into this year was 33 oz. of pee and only 32 oz. of empty bottle. Got a little dicey.

I use this same system, and have also had the 33 oz's issue :lol:
Jack's My dog

Postby msnden on Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:37 pm

gearguy10 wrote:I buy 32 oz. Gatorade bottles at the gas station. I drink one right away to use as a pee bottle and keep a full one in the pack for sippin'.

As a side story, the deer I shot 2nd weekend this year happened about 3 hours after I got to my stand and I finally had to pee. I stood up in my stand and grabbed the Gatorade bottle from my pack. With my zipper down, one hand on my who-who dilly, and the other holding the bottle I spotted a doe in some brush I could only see standing up. I set the bottle aside, shouldered the rifle, dropped the deer and then went back to finishing my business.

Very good/funny, I knew a women a few years ago that was doing the same thing, (squatting) about halfway done, she seen a deer, rifle was in reach, happy ending!!
Those Gatorade bottles work pretty good, just don't get'um mixed up, jmop
msnden

Postby Jack's My dog on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:09 pm

msnden wrote:

Very good/funny, I knew a women a few years ago that was doing the same thing, (squatting) about halfway done, she seen a deer, rifle was in reach, happy ending!!

Day three of deer camp can get a little confusing. :shock:
Jack's My dog

Postby northernbird on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:13 pm

Jack's My dog wrote:
msnden wrote:

Day three of deer camp can get a little confusing. :shock:

And this right here is why I only drink the grape stuff.. If I ever get those things confused I've probably not got much time left in this world and it wont matter then anyway. ;)
northernbird

Previous

Return to Hunting