DEER HUNTING OPPORTUNITY

Discuss all of the great hunting opportunities in Minnesota

Re: DEER HUNTING OPPORTUNITY

Postby macphisto on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:22 pm

SAM wrote:Question-- Does anyone wish to join me for deer hunting ? I have 121 wooded acres to hunt and there are only three of us hunting the property. There is certainly room for at least 2 more. Location-- Alexandria-- only 4 miles from my home which is also where you get to stay. :) Let me know.

I've hunted the last two years in the shotgun zone (West Central, MN) on some land with no deer. I'd love to join you if you'll have me. That is a very generous offer! I don't have much freezer space so you could have a lot of the meat should I get something.

I'm looking at buying the Savage in .308 that Dean said was on sale at Dick's. What kind of area are you in (lottery, managed, intensive)?
macphisto

Postby onebohemian on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:57 pm

What a great offer. I would be interested as well, although looks like there's a line forming.
Mark

"Edited to remove prohibited content."(2009).

"It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it." (In honor of 'Goalie,' 2013).
onebohemian

Postby macphisto on Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:43 pm

Just bought my rifle so I'm all set!
macphisto

Postby macphisto on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:49 pm

PM sent.
macphisto

Postby nyffman on Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:41 am

Hmmm! I haven't hunted deer in years and haven't done much at all. But, OTH, I did get that nice .44 Redhawk from Lumberingbuffalo this year. Shot it offhanded at the dueling tree last weekend, hitting 5/6 plates. If plans of all others fall through, I would be interested.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Return to Hunting