Wanted Replacement Hogg Hunter

Discuss all of the great hunting opportunities in Minnesota

Wanted Replacement Hogg Hunter

Postby Spartan on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:29 pm

We booked a Hogg hunt for Wisconsin February 14-16 ..... This is a great hunt I've done it several times ... never been disappointed.....
We need a replacement hunter or two ..... we started with 6 guys and we are done to two of us .. due to various unforeseen family commitments, surprise trips, honey do lists and cancer.....

I don't mind going w/ just two but the guide likes to have 4 guys ..... the price is $500.00-$550 for a hogg, lodging and guide service ... the guide will haul your hog to a butcher ... ( processing extra -or what ever you want to do ). This meat is very lean and is excellent. The hams have been smoked by Hurst Processing are simply delicious. I also really like the breakfast sausage........ and the ribs are ....... sorry if ribs = no bacon.

We would like invite one or more hunters to join us .... no unsafe behavior or unsafe gun handling will be tolerated. Drinking of Alcohol will be limited to the lodge and handling of firearms during or after alcohol consumption is prohibited. Safety first, and always....
Preference will given to those who can play 500, spades, hearts, cribbage, rook, Ucher or other card games.

We supply our own food. I will be bringing a ham from the last hunt w/ cheesy potatoes and a bottle of Bushmills to share..... Greg will bring BBQ rib and beer...

please pm me asap

we are planning to leave Friday at 0-dark-30 am . home by supper time Sunday eve.
Spartan

Re: Wanted Replacement Hogg Hunter

Postby Spartan on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:37 pm

Please be advised the guide prefers you use .30-06 or bigger ... these hogs are tough and no one wants to track through the snow ....
WE have used .308, 7.5 swiss , 7.60x54r and 45/70 govt.
I know 12 gauge slugs would work well from a rifled slug barrel .... I know a few have used 270 and .30-30 but shot placement is critical ...

shots could be 40-70 yards
or
150-250 yards
or 80-125 yards depending on the stand you hunt from ....

typical hunting will be from a heated stand .... the guide will gut and haul out your prize....

should you decide to go you will see elk, red stagg , multiple breed of goat and sheep, white tail, turkey and a variety of other wild life.... the terrain is pretty roughed but the stands are easily accessed by picked...
Spartan

Postby Spartan on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:40 pm

still room for one or a couple guys
Spartan

Postby Slayer_MN1 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:53 pm

What is the name of the outfitter you are going to?
"From time to time the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants, and patriots."

Aquitas et Veritas
Slayer_MN1

Postby BigDog58 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:46 am

Spartan, knowing my mobility limitations, do you believe this would be feasible for me to try? I can climb stairs so if the stand has a ladder I should be able to handle that. I have a nice Weatherby in 30/06 and can load whatever is needed bullet/velocity wise. Please check your PM! I am sending you my home number.

How far from TC is the hunt? I am truly interested as I haven't hunted Wild Hog since 1988 in the Fla Everglades. It was done quite different back then. Used mostly a S&W 629 with very hot hand loads (a buddy loaded and I cannot remember the particulars but I know they hurt my wrist) and we ran up to them on an airboat and shot while they were running thru mud and water. Best tasting pork I had ever had.

Jim
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Spartan on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Russian boars ,,, 3 hours from TC
Spartan

Postby mmcnx2 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:06 pm

Valentines weekend, come on guys. Any other time I'd be there.
mmcnx2

Postby Spartan on Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:39 pm

ham.jpg
ham.jpg (11.81 KB) Viewed 4199 times

Bring home the Bacon for Valentines weekend !!!!! Be the Hunter - Gatherer she always wanted ...........

ham.jpg
ham.jpg (11.81 KB) Viewed 4199 times
Attachments
boar.png
boar.png (103.2 KB) Viewed 4134 times
Spartan

Postby FJ540 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:49 pm

That's a sweet swine you shot Mike.

I'd love to go, but it's not in the budget this time.
FJ540

Postby 45Badger on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:31 pm

Damn! Gotta go to a funeral back east. Put me down as a definite for next trip.
Live free, or die!
9mm = .45acp set on "stun"
Big Bullets At Moderate Speeds....Make Things Move
"You look like a tactical lumberjack"
Monschman is a thieving d-bag
.45 ACP - Because Shooting Twice Is Silly!
45Badger

Return to Hunting