2014 hunting regs

Discuss all of the great hunting opportunities in Minnesota

2014 hunting regs

Postby JJ on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:05 pm

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/regulations/ ... index.html

2014 regulations are now available. Looks like a lot of doe permit application, or bucks only for the North half of the state. Sitting pretty with 400 antlerless permits in our permit area. Hopefully we pull quite a few, the does need to thinned on our properties.
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Re: 2014 hunting regs

Postby ex-LT on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:26 pm

Send some of those does up to permit area 171. 300 permits for approximately 600 square miles (down from 1500 last year).
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Re: 2014 hunting regs

Postby JJ on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:52 pm

Hunted 156 for my first 20 years of deer season. One of my uncles still owns 160 up there, but we have migrated to SW Mn. I feel your pain. The hard winters and wolf predatation are so hard to do any management around.

For our permit area we are seeing a 33% drop in antlerless permits. In the core area of one of our properties, we could probably shoot 20 does and still not harm the herd, but get more than 2 miles away and you have entirely different conditions.
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Return to Hunting