Seeking hunting partners with time and money -July 26 update

Discuss all of the great hunting opportunities in Minnesota

Seeking hunting partners with time and money -July 26 update

Postby 45Badger on Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:30 pm

I bought 80 acres up near Nickerson in 2011. Property is a mix of hardwoods and pines. All high ground, no swamp. Has nice populations of deer, turkey, grouse, rabbits, squirrels, ticks, mosquitoes and Bald Eagles. Has the occasional coyote, wolf and black bear (poop the size of my foot last week!) I've hunted it with BBeckwith and my son. We've cleared roads, planted some areas with forage, set up and built several stands and brought electric service to the parcel. This year, we had the property logged, mostly thinning out 40 acres of densely planted pines and selectively cutting large pines on the other 40. The thinning really opened up the lower 40 acre parcel and we think there are enough deer and enough quality stand sites to safely add two or three hunters to the mix. We are seeking safe, mature, serious, ethical hunters. Experienced bow hunters are welcome. If you want to hunt deer with a poodle shooter, we are probably not the place for you.

What we are asking from you-

$500 and 10 work hours (think two leisurely days) annually. You're welcome to do more work if you get a manly rise out of digging and raking and hammering and screwing. This gets you annual hunting access for small game, deer, turkey, wolf (oops! 8-) ) bear. You can bring in a small camper or use tents. Limited off season camping available. 100% of the the money and time go directly to habitat/food plot improvement - seed, saplings, fruit trees, etc.

If you have a tractor w/ brush-hog and other implements, you go to front of the line.

General rules of engagement-
We are not a trophy/QDM gang, but want to limit shooting to bucks with 6 or more points
As a rule we don't do deer drives until the last couple days of season. We have not needed to do this to fill tags and it only serves to drive deer to other places.
If you get a doe tag, we want to shoot mature does, not fawns or button bucks
My foul language aside, this is a family friendly group.
Get drunk and you are gone. Same with illegal drugs. NO room or patience for stupidity or bad behavior.
Clean up your messes- all of them
Leave the property in better condition than you find it

If you are interested in joining us for hunting or have questions, please send a PM.
Live free, or die!
9mm = .45acp set on "stun"
Big Bullets At Moderate Speeds....Make Things Move
"You look like a tactical lumberjack"
Monschman is a thieving d-bag
.45 ACP - Because Shooting Twice Is Silly!
45Badger

Re: Seeking hunting partners with time and money -July 26 update

Postby 45Badger on Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:05 am

7/26 update. Found one guy. Now looking for one more hunter (FNG).
Live free, or die!
45Badger

Re: Seeking hunting partners with time and money -July 26 update

Postby 45Badger on Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:59 am

Full up for now. Thanks!
Live free, or die!
45Badger

Return to Hunting