A little less than 48 hours.........

Discuss all of the great hunting opportunities in Minnesota

Re: A little less than 48 hours.........

Postby farmerj on Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:20 pm

photogpat wrote:
farmerj wrote:Do you have your permit?

Screenshot_2016-11-07-14-30-01.png

Don't actually need a permit to carry for a legal big game handgun you're carrying while hunting...

You do but you don't.

If you are carrying it to hunt, while hunting, your fine.

If you are carrying concealed for protection, then you do.

I'll just tell people to be their own test case.

What do you feel like spending for a lawyer.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby photogpat on Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:36 pm

As I said, to carry a LEGAL BIG GAME HANDGUN while hunting - and actually, on your own private land it wouldn't matter either.

Pasted from the MN Revisor:

Subd. 9.Carrying pistols about one's premises or for purposes of repair, target practice. A permit to carry is not required of a person:
(1) to keep or carry about the person's place of business, dwelling house, premises or on land possessed by the person a pistol;
(2) to carry a pistol from a place of purchase to the person's dwelling house or place of business, or from the person's dwelling house or place of business to or from a place where repairing is done, to have the pistol repaired;
(3) to carry a pistol between the person's dwelling house and place of business;
(4) to carry a pistol in the woods or fields or upon the waters of this state for the purpose of hunting or of target shooting in a safe area; or
(5) to transport a pistol in a motor vehicle, snowmobile or boat if the pistol is unloaded, contained in a closed and fastened case, gunbox, or securely tied package.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

A little less than 48 hours.........

Postby LumberZach on Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:25 am

Well that answers my question, looks like nobody carries while hunting. I do have my permit and I hunt private property so I can't see a single issue with me doing it. Again, 9mm is legal game caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LumberZach

Postby BBeckwith on Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:03 pm

Or people haven't voiced their say... for the record yes I carry my M&P9c while hunting
The IQ of a mob is the IQ of its dumbest member, divided by the number of people in it.
BBeckwith

Postby smurfman on Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:43 pm

Depending on the stand I'm using I'll carry one of my 45 Colt pistols or the 454 Casull in addition to the slug gun I normally have in hand. I do this as it is possible for a deer to sneak up on the right side of a couple of stands unnoticed until they are right there. It is very difficult to get the shotgun around to take the shot as it is the off side and I am pretty much in the open right there. With a max range of 17 yards, I can get the handgun out and an accurate shot off with a lot less movement than the shotgun. I've taken a half dozen deer this way.

I don't bother with a handgun for protection, if I can't settle an issue with a rifle or a shotgun it is unlikely a pistol will be of much help. I have considered carrying a 22 as it seems I run into more grouse armed with a rifle or shotgun with slugs than when carrying a shotgun and bird shot. So far that hasn't happened but it is tempting.
smurfman

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:41 pm

farmerj wrote:
photogpat wrote:
farmerj wrote:Do you have your permit?

Screenshot_2016-11-07-14-30-01.png

Don't actually need a permit to carry for a legal big game handgun you're carrying while hunting...

You do but you don't.

If you are carrying it to hunt, while hunting, your fine.

If you are carrying concealed for protection, then you do.

I'll just tell people to be their own test case.

What do you feel like spending for a lawyer.

Wrong. DNR even cleaned it up for bow hunters now to carry.

And Pat, everyone knows .25 ACP is only good out to about 200 yards.
Holland&Holland

Previous

Return to Hunting