Duck hunters?

Discuss all of the great hunting opportunities in Minnesota

Duck hunters?

Postby yukonjasper on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:37 am

Anyone in the field hunting this weekend. We are out west by Morris and have seen fewer birds than normal.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: Duck hunters?

Postby Ghost on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:52 am

Heard some shots and saw someone at the gas station who was either duck hunting or doing a test run for his Commando Halloween costume.

Ghost

Postby smurfman on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:17 am

Lots of shooting going on around here, shot one mallard and my limit of Canada geese from the back yard. Now I have enough birds to make my waterfowl gumbo.

Yesterday I checked my bear baits and took the dogs out for a walk to scout for sharptails. During the hour or so we were out, I picked up 8 rails and a dove that wasn't smart enough to have headed south earlier. I normally see one or two rails when out with the dogs so seeing that many was a pleasant surprise. Must have been a combination of the rain of the past few days and a migration.

Would be out for grouse and woodcock but a procedure scheduled for Monday has me staying close to home. Can't wait until Tuesday as I hope to head back north for bears and birds.
smurfman

Postby rtk on Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:39 pm

We were just west of the cities and did pretty well.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby crbutler on Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:21 pm

Better numbers of birds than the last few years, but still a far cry from what I think “normal”

I was swamped with folks around me and only got 4 shots, which means 2 teal. Expensive duck dinner... the guys who moved in on me limited out by noon.

This is in southern MN.
crbutler

Return to Hunting