Extreme Huntress Meadow Kouffeld needs our vote

Discuss all of the great hunting opportunities in Minnesota

Extreme Huntress Meadow Kouffeld needs our vote

Postby hard h2o on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:11 pm

"A native Californian, Kouffeld came to Minnesota in 2008 to attend graduate school at the University of Minnesota. Ruffed grouse were the subject of her master’s thesis, and after she finished her degree, she worked for the Minnesota and Wisconsin departments of natural resources before joining the Ruffed Grouse Society, stationed in Grand Rapids."

https://www.extremehuntress.com/main/meadow-kouffeld-minnesota/

http://www.startribune.com/anderson-minnesotan-s-love-of-the-outdoors-is-put-to-the-extremes/486938431/

https://www.extremehuntress.com/main/2019-voting/
hard h2o

Re: Extreme Huntress Meadow Kouffeld needs our vote

Postby Ghost on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:34 pm

Done, she’s in second
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:37 pm

She isn't from here. Isn't there a Minnesota born female to vote for?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:56 am

What is she running for?
Holland&Holland

Postby hard h2o on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:09 am

Holland&Holland wrote:What is she running for?

It is a reality type show.

She is going against one other from the US and two from outside the US.
hard h2o

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:46 pm

hard h2o wrote:

Oh, so nothing important.
Holland&Holland

Postby ex-LT on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:38 pm

yukonjasper wrote:She isn't from here. Isn't there a Minnesota born female to vote for?

She deserves a vote simply for the fact that she supports hunting despite the fact that
  1. She's a native Californian, and
  2. She attended graduate school at the University of Minnesota
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Ghost on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:48 pm

ex-LT wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:She isn't from here. Isn't there a Minnesota born female to vote for?

She deserves a vote simply for the fact that she supports hunting despite the fact that

Hey, I attended graduate school at the UoM :oops:
Ghost

Postby rtk on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:39 pm

I have met her... she’s great.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby hard h2o on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:10 pm

ex-LT wrote:

And she worked for both the MN and WI DNRs. She now works for the Ruffed Grouse Society out of Grand Rapids.
hard h2o

Postby hard h2o on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:14 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
hard h2o wrote:

Oh, so nothing important.

Yep, nothing important.

Just some entertainment of the outdoors kind which should be supported rather than the usual Big Brother, Jersey Shore, or Kardashian type of "reality TV".

Also woman in the outdoors which should be applauded and advanced. We need everyone on board to fight the good fight. We need new blood coming into the shooting, angling, and outdoor pursuits. Women, children, and men. All are welcome. It is good to have female role models for the young girls participating in the outdoor sports.

So yeah, nothing important.
hard h2o

Postby Scratch on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:51 am

I voted. It's quick and easy.
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:39 am

hard h2o wrote:

Yep, nothing important.

Just some entertainment of the outdoors kind which should be supported rather than the usual Big Brother, Jersey Shore, or Kardashian type of "reality TV".

Also woman in the outdoors which should be applauded and advanced. We need everyone on board to fight the good fight. We need new blood coming into the shooting, angling, and outdoor pursuits. Women, children, and men. All are welcome. It is good to have female role models for the young girls participating in the outdoor sports.

You can get off your high horse. You seem to be implying that if one does not vote for a reality star on this thing that is not even on a TV channel that one does not support advancement of women in the outdoors. Sounds like the #metoo movement's argument.

I would contend that in less than a month there is a much more important vote you can cast that will have much more impact than this. Other actions you can do would be take a female hunting or to the range or volunteer coach on one of our HS trap teams where their is a sizable presence of woman. That will have much more impact than a click on this link to helping advance the future of our sport and the inclusion of women in it.
Holland&Holland

Postby hard h2o on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:12 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
hard h2o wrote:

Yep, nothing important.

You can get off your high horse. You seem to be implying that if one does not vote for a reality star on this thing that is not even on a TV channel that one does not support advancement of women in the outdoors. Sounds like the #metoo movement's argument.

I would contend that in less than a month there is a much more important vote you can cast that will have much more impact than this. Other actions you can do would be take a female hunting or to the range or volunteer coach on one of our HS trap teams where their is a sizable presence of woman. That will have much more impact than a click on this link to helping advance the future of our sport and the inclusion of women in it.

Not on a high horse. I do not think one can ever be on a "high horse" when discussing entertainment. Especially "reality" programming.

Like I said. It is not important. It is only important in that it is a better place to spend your entertainment time than watching other reality programming.

I do take others to the range as much as I can. Women, kids...

When you reply "Oh, so nothing important." you are on a bit of a high horse yourself.

I will definitely be voting. There are many ways we can help our cause as supporters of the 2A and the outdoor sports. One is to get our pursuits out in the mainstream and show that they are not a bad thing. Another is to support non-traditional outdoors people. Also voting in local and national elections to oust those that have an anti agenda and to install those who support us.

My 14 yo son asked me yesterday if he had to vote. I told him know but explained why he should. He did not seem worried by it.
hard h2o

Return to Hunting