Discuss all of the great hunting opportunities in Minnesota

Good luck and be safe

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:01 pm

Everyone out there tomorrow. Good luck and be safe. Oh and
:picsneeded:
Holland&Holland

Re: Good luck and be safe

Postby Ghost on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:08 pm

What's everybody hunting with this year? I'm not hunting so I'll live vicariously through you.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:12 pm

Ghost wrote:What's everybody hunting with this year? I'm not hunting so I'll live vicariously through you.

Home built AR in 7mm-08. Has been my go to since 2015. 18” black hole weaponry barrel, AR gold trigger, zeiss 2-10 on top.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:54 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Ghost wrote:What's everybody hunting with this year? I'm not hunting so I'll live vicariously through you.

Home built AR in 7mm-08. Has been my go to since 2015. 18” black hole weaponry barrel, AR gold trigger, zeiss 2-10 on top.

That sounds like a nice setup.
Ghost

Postby hammAR on Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:04 pm

Pointy sharp sticks.................
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby Grayskies on Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:24 am

Never really liked hunting but, Stay Safe!!! :D
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby smurfman on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:33 am

The weather is dry so today I am going old school with a Standard Arms Model G in 35 Rem. I had a doe and fawn pass by but am waiting for a decent buck. I am debating on hitting the same stand and same gun or try a more open stand and haul out the 1953 Win M-70 in 308. I'll probably stick with the Standard Arms as the M-70 has more options available.

An invaluable lesson was learned today- change diuretics over to the early evening during hunting season. Or get a larger bottle. i didn't notice it during bear season as I hunt afternoons but it was sure apparent this morning. It probably would have helped if I would have checked the time too- my wife set the clocks back when she was up last weekend as she forgot I was coming up. So, I got an hour less sleep and an hour extra in the stand. I probably should have realized something was amiss when I needed a light to get down the trail but I chalked the poor night vision to advancing age.
smurfman

Postby rtk on Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:45 pm

This is the first year I have given up on the deer hunt. My son and his buddy are at the cabin giving it a go ...I’m sitting in front of the fireplace watching the Gophers getting their ass kicked by Illinois, Row The Boat! I’m content..
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby Ghost on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:13 pm

Where are the trophies?
Ghost

Postby TSKNIGHT on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:29 pm

I've got a muzzleloader license this year, so will be a few weeks before I get out to hunt.

Enjoyed watching a 10 pointer out fox the slug hunters today. He didn't get this old by being dumb.
Hopefully he's still around during muzzleloader season.
TSKNIGHT

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:39 pm

Shot a nice bodied 7 this morning. Will post a pic mid week when I am back. My son shot a decent sized spike. Just one doe tag left to fill during the snow tomorrow.

Took a pic of the deer holding the antlers up with by blaze orange cast hand. Very apropos I think.
Holland&Holland

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:12 pm

There was a very cute doe in Scandia tonight, but alas the Wife was along to restrict viewing.

:picsneeded: :picsneeded:
OldmanFCSA

Postby smurfman on Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:42 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:There was a very cute doe in Scandia tonight, but alas the Wife was along to restrict viewing.

Were you at Meister's? There are a couple does that work there and the occasional one that walks in.
smurfman

Postby OldmanFCSA on Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:58 am

smurfman wrote:
OldmanFCSA wrote:There was a very cute doe in Scandia tonight, but alas the Wife was along to restrict viewing.

Were you at Meister's? There are a couple does that work there and the occasional one that walks in.

YES, one that works there caught my attention with the push-up in a low cut white Tee and tight jeans.

Definitely caused Buck Fever which the Wife put a damper on.

Meister's is a nice place - across the river but within range.
OldmanFCSA

Postby smurfman on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:45 am

The early-mid 20s redhead or the early 20s blonde waitress? Those are the two I can think of dressed that way. There is a cultish bartender but a bit older (still younger than me though) and another waitress that is attractive but haven't caught her in a push up- yet.

My wife likes the place a lot but has cut back going there the last few months due to the scenery. I've been debating ordering one of the monster burgers and trying for the t-shirt. I think there is an option on the shirts and I hope to get the waitress to model them for me. I'll have to go without the wife though...
smurfman

Next

Return to Hunting