Items needed for USPSA production.

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Items needed for USPSA production.

Postby Cadet on Sun May 23, 2010 5:38 pm

Obviously ill need a gun, so thats a given, but what else?
1. How many magazines?
2. how much ammo should I bring to a match?
3. certain type of holster/ magazine holsters?
cant think of much else, but if there is, please inform me.
and I have a few other questions...
Are rubberized Decal grips allowed for my glock 34?
are extended mag release levers allowed?
what about tungsten guide rods?
Shooting better than you since 1995.
Mossberg MVP Predator .223/Benelli R1 300 Win. Mag/Browning Maxus 12 Ga./S&W M&P AR15-22 Mall Ninja MOE Edition/Henry Golden Boy 22LR/Remington 870 Deluxe 20 GA.
Cadet

Re: Items needed for USPSA production.

Postby mmcnx2 on Sun May 23, 2010 6:21 pm

You'll need a holster that holds the handgun without any backward tilt. You need at least 4 mags, five would be great. At least 2 mag holders, 3 would be better, 4 perfect.

Type of holsters and mag holders is alot of personal preference but if you want to start cheap, the blackhawk stuff(i used a serpa holster and 2 double mag holders about $100 total) will get you started, safariland also makes nicer stuff.

Ammo bring 200 rds, a match will be aournd 100-125 but if you have to do a reshoot on a stage for whatever reason you want to have enough.

Look at the USPSA website and the rules on holsters and holders about the details. Locally they don't get real crazy about equipment checks but as a RO I've seen some questionable gear guys are using, related to offset, position and gun angle.

Also read the section on gun modifications. It will tell you what you can change in production, this is a area that really gets some shooters in trouble. If your caught with a illegal mod they will bump you to limited class.
mmcnx2

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs