USPSA

Local shooting clubs and leagues

USPSA

Postby Stradawhovious on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:34 am

There seems to be a lot of interest generated by the OGC IPSC thread, so I figured I would put this here.

A lot of people are a little gun shy (every pun intended) to go to these events. The fact is that these are a blast. (pun intended there too) The folks there (for the most part) are very eager to help out the new guys, and thrilled to see more people get into the sport. I will admit that I was too shy/embarassed to go to one of these events for the first time, but after going to a couple, and seeing the reception that new folks to the sport receive, I would feel confident to go to any club, anywhere in the country that has one of these events. If you are afraid that you will look stupid, I really wouldn't worry about it. More often than not no matter how you shoot there will be people there that make you look like Rob Leatham, and I guarantee you they are having fun too. If you do attend one of these matches, make sure to hit the orientation, and be sure to bring yor gear. I guarantee that if you just show up to watch, you will be upset that you didn't pull the trigger. (yes, that pun was intentional as well.....) I have been to three of these events (four if you include the classifier match) and am hopelessy hooked.

It may not be high speed low drag special ops tactical training, but it's trigger time, and fun trigger time to boot.

Here are some videos to help spark your interest...... http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=uspsa&aq=f

Here is a list of clubs in MN that sponsor USPSA matches. If there is one near you and this sounds even remotely interesting to you I would recommend getting in touch with the club and asking any questions you might have. If this list is incomplete, It would be great if you could update it.

Faribault Rifle and Pistol Club (MN01) - Faribault, MN

Gopher Rifle & Revolver Club (MN12) - Harris, MN

MAPSA - Metro Area Practical Shooters Association (MN03) - Faribault, MN

Minnetonka Game & Fish (MN06) - St. Francis, MN

Northwestern Gun Club (MN02) - Duluth, MN

Oakdale Gun Club (MN07) - Oakdale, MN

Pine Island Practical Shooters (MN13) - Pine Island, MN

SCAPSA - St Cloud Area Practical Shooters Association (MN05) - St Cloud, MN
Last edited by Stradawhovious on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Re: USPSA

Postby rugersol on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:14 am

Some recent videos from Oakdale (http://ipsc.krok.us/) ...

Please get to the range by 4:30 for orientation ... thanks!
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby Paul on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:21 am

I shot my first match last night and it was freaking awesome!
Paul

Postby EJSG19 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:30 am

user842 wrote:I shot my first match last night and it was freaking awesome!

I was skeptical of your abilities, as I noticed you did not have a BTDT shirt on.

In the end you seemed alright :twisted:

glad somebody else was in the squad as a first timer. was a lot of fun last night
EJSG19

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt."
EJSG19

Postby westberg on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:55 am

We actually had a number of first timers in our squad last night and all done well. Good job guy's. 8-)
westberg

Postby Stradawhovious on Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:13 am

westberg wrote:We actually had a number of first timers in our squad last night and all done well. Good job guy's. 8-)

I like how these events are really geared around safety. There were a couple of questionable moves by a couple of folks, but the RO was on top of it. (not by our crew mind you..... That would be User842, MikeD, Cabbot and EJSG19, They got a Kudos from the RO on their gun handling skillz.)

I'm pretty steamed that I didn't have time to go home and get my gear last night, but I will be there, wheel gun in hand next week. 8-)
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby westberg on Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:33 am

As per the OP request to stay on topic I moved the unrelated posts.
westberg

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs