Oakdale 7/14 forecast

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Oakdale 7/14 forecast

Postby rugersol on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:09 am

... this's only been gettin' worse, since Monday ...

Thursday: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 1pm, then showers and thunderstorms likely after 1pm. High near 74. Southeast wind between 10 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Fer thems otherwise unaware, ya can go to http://ipsc.krok.us/ and on the lower-right corner, enter yer email address (preferably that of yer cell-phone ... jest 'bout any phone's got one, even if ya never used it ... comes to ya as a text-message ... i.e. 1234567890@vtext.com) ... if we cancel the match (which may not happen 'til yer on yer way), we'll send out a message indicating same. (interwebs hosting failure, not withstanding :shock: ) As part of that "registration" process, ya should get an email almost immediately, to the address ya gave ... it'll contain a "verification code" ya can then enter (on the web-page where ya previously entered yer email), or not ... don't matter ... if you got the message, we got yer email! Image

It ain't so much that we might melt ... volunteers to help put everything away get awfully scarce, in a downpour. :? ... and I'm quite convinced there's nothing worse on this planet than tryin' to paste a wet IPSC target ... 'sept maybe a wet IPSC target under a plastic bag full 'o holes! Image
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Re: Oakdale 7/14 forecast

Postby PRS on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:04 am

If the shoot goes on I'll be there to help set up even if it's sprinkl'n.
PRS

Postby rugersol on Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:55 am

'course I no sooner say somethin' ...

Today: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 1pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 72. Southeast wind between 9 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Looks like they dropped it to 70%, and switched the before/after 1pm fer "likely". Other sites are indicating closer to 30%.

Checkin' the radar, we look to get blasted here in 'bout 20min ... past that, who knows?!

We'll keep an eye on it ...
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
rugersol

Postby Gecko, Extra Crispy on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:19 am

update?

well......i can go bowling/drinking tonight if this isn't going to happen
Gecko, Extra Crispy

Postby rugersol on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:32 am

Gecko, Extra Crispy wrote:update?

well......i can go bowling/drinking tonight if this isn't going to happen

Safe bet is bowling/drinking!

Radar looks good ... fer now ... forecast is down to 50% ... FWTW ... at this point, best guess is, if we do cancel, it'll be much closer to 5:00. Image

:hmm: ... now that ya mention it, yer plan B. intrigues me ... 'sept the bowling part ... in case we do cancel, let's say our fallback position is Sgt Pepper's! ... better safe than sorry! Image
rugersol

Postby user293 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Drinking+bowling+friends= WIN :D
TommyMN wrote:This site is full of dicks. It's why I like it.
user293

Postby Gecko, Extra Crispy on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:53 pm

shooting always wins if you are bringing the person (people) you are going to drink with later.
Shooting +drinking later with friends=WIN
Gecko, Extra Crispy

Postby user293 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:57 pm

Gecko, Extra Crispy wrote:shooting always wins if you are bringing the person (people) you are going to drink with later.

tou che gecko, tou che.
user293

Postby rugersol on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:57 pm

Gecko, Extra Crispy wrote:shooting always wins if you are bringing the person (people) you are going to drink with later.

Shooting bowling-pins + drinking with friends = WIN³ Image
rugersol

Postby user293 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:58 pm

rugersol wrote:

Shooting bowling-pins + drinking with friends = WIN³ Image

1 upped again. :( BLAST! :evil:
user293

Postby MrVvrroomm on Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:14 pm

I'll be there @ 1600 for setup
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Certified Glock Armorer

engnerdan wrote:First he beat me up on the price. Then he made me deliver it. Then he made me drive to Roseville to pick up my money.
MrVvrroomm
Changed

Postby rugersol on Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:59 am

'nother beautiful nite! Image
rugersol

Postby Rem700 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:55 am

Figures :( I was almost out the door and was wondering how wet the grounds would be.
“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”
Thomas Jefferson

If your not behind our troops please stand infront of them.
Rem700

Postby rugersol on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:12 am

Rem700 wrote:Figures :( I was almost out the door and was wondering how wet the grounds would be.

Ya, you ****ed up!

BTW, there was a guy there last nite usin' them mag-pouches! ... he had a triple, and a double ... bullets-out ... I asked him how he like it ... he said he did! I still think bullets-in might be better ... but that's jest a guess ... they sure didn't take up much of his waist-line!

If they were made to fit a 1.5in belt ('cause I don't like to dick around) ... and cut down to 'bout 1/3 (ditto) ... and if I had a decent Production gun ... I'd hafta try 'em, myself!
rugersol

Postby TH3180 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:22 am

Man I wish I had the money and time to make these. I told the wife last night, I have to make at least one this summer.
MrVvrroomm wrote:What time is lunch? I'm having a colonoscopy that morning at 1000. I'm sure I'll be hungry.
TH3180

Next

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs