Changes at Minnesota Horse and Hunt,,Maybe

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Changes at Minnesota Horse and Hunt,,Maybe

Postby Sammichman on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:24 pm

Got a few pleasant surprises at Minn horse and hunt club today ,,
1 A Real Live Range Officer
2 Fresh Back boards on a weekend instead of the Shot up ones that have been up all week
3 Some Pistol ammo for sale 12.99 for 9MM (not exactly WM but not Bad)
4 Targets for sale
I guess the club has started to take us low rent non Sporting Clays shooters a little more serious
also it,s going to be mandatory to have to check in and issued a ticket of sorts before shooting,, members like myself have complained of people who are non members just showing up and using the Facility ,,,hopefully this will be just the start of some much needed improvements the range needs
Sammichman

Re: Changes at Minnesota Horse and Hunt,,Maybe

Postby timwarner on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:31 pm

did they get the water damage cleaned up?

last time I was there the whole place reeked like mildew.
Tim
USPSA club MN07
http://ipsc.krok.us
timwarner

Postby TH3180 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Are they going to fix up the sporting clays courses at all. In the recent months I have shot two differant courses and had problems with throwers on both courses. Getting hard to swallow $20+ and then have problems with the course every time.
MrVvrroomm wrote:What time is lunch? I'm having a colonoscopy that morning at 1000. I'm sure I'll be hungry.
TH3180

Postby mnmike59 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:38 pm

TH3180 wrote:Are they going to fix up the sporting clays courses at all. In the recent months I have shot two differant courses and had problems with throwers on both courses. Getting hard to swallow $20+ and then have problems with the course every time.

No kidding!! They pissed me off so bad the last time I was there. I had to shoot alternate targets at 1/2 of the stations.
"Just remember boys, this is America. Just because you get more votes it doesn't mean you win."
Fox Mulder.
mnmike59

Postby TH3180 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:00 pm

mnmike59 wrote:
TH3180 wrote:Are they going to fix up the sporting clays courses at all. In the recent months I have shot two differant courses and had problems with throwers on both courses. Getting hard to swallow $20+ and then have problems with the course every time.

No kidding!! They pissed me off so bad the last time I was there. I had to shoot alternate targets at 1/2 of the stations.

At least they worked for you. Last time I was there we had one thrower that when we hit the button to see where it would throw it. It threw every clay it had in it. I walked back to the desk and told them. By the time we got back there in the pickup the thrower was smoking like you would believe. Next station one thrower just buzzed at us. At least we got a free pitcher of beer out of the deal.
MrVvrroomm wrote:What time is lunch? I'm having a colonoscopy that morning at 1000. I'm sure I'll be hungry.
TH3180

Postby Sammichman on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:05 pm

In my opinion the place needs a bit of a Re-Hab,,,When I joined I noticed the place was a little dingy,,,but since i was there to shoot not socialize in the club House I never gave it a second thought,,I always hear from other members that some of the sporting Clays are always broken,,,,I see a lot of employees driving around in Pick-up trucks but have never seen one actually do any work,,
Sammichman

Postby darthdahl on Wed May 23, 2012 8:24 pm

Sometime early last week they got all new controllers for all of the stands. No more goofy counter box, just a card that you put on top of the controller. They are also wireless, no more extension cords laying around. Everything's worked much better my last few times there since the upgrades.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
All-Around Good Guy
darthdahl

Postby TH3180 on Wed May 23, 2012 11:27 pm

darthdahl wrote:Sometime early last week they got all new controllers for all of the stands. No more goofy counter box, just a card that you put on top of the controller. They are also wireless, no more extension cords laying around. Everything's worked much better my last few times there since the upgrades.

Now I have to get out there again. Thank you for letting us now.
TH3180

Postby Parkerized on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:03 am

I would be good if the rifle shooters were taken more seriously. A couple of covered regulation shooting benches would be in order. I just sent in my annual with some reluctance.

How do you know you are shooting with non-members? Checking in wastes valuable range time. A mirror tag would be the thing.

The current range house is good if you are over 6ft. tall. Maybe knock out the front and put a couple of benches in that fit. With all the trees you think they could find one to cover the picnic table/uncovered benches.
Parkerized

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs