OGC USPSA Thursday matches

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: OGC USPSA Thursday matches

Postby gunsmith on Thu May 09, 2013 11:41 pm

That course took a half a box of ammo.

I've got 2 boxes of 9mm....??? how much will I need for next week. 75-100?

That's the last of my pre-panic ammo :(

I get in stock notifications from Midway and it's gone before I can order (reasonable prices though)

It looks like they've disabled 'notify me' because it's too chaotic.

If we can put a man on the moon.............
gunsmith

Postby Mn01r6 on Sat May 18, 2013 7:18 pm

Are the results usually posted here? http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-matc ... &year=2013

Or is there someplace else I should be looking?
Mn01r6

Postby XD-GRIF on Sun May 19, 2013 5:31 am

Mn01r6 wrote:Are the results usually posted here? http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-matc ... &year=2013

Or is there someplace else I should be looking?

yep that is where the scores will be when thay are posted
Oakdale USPSA Match Co-Director
XD-GRIF

Postby XD-GRIF on Mon May 20, 2013 3:24 pm

The scores are posted, just click on the link in the above post
Oakdale USPSA Match Co-Director
XD-GRIF

Postby rugersol on Mon May 20, 2013 6:30 pm

... now I know why Ltd-10's still around! :?
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby Lights on Mon May 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Wow I did better than expected on most stages. But I bombed on El Presidente. :doh:
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified RSO
Lights

Postby froggpond1 on Mon May 27, 2013 9:24 am

Hello It's Petar the construction guy from OGC.

Thank you for posting the videos!!! This helps me immensely when trying to figure out how to make things safer from a construction perspective. Clearly some fellows on this shoot are exceptional shots!!

If any one could answer a few questions that would be great.

1. Is the orientation of the shooter to targets always the same in this match?
2. Distance to target: is the distance always the same?

Glad to see people out here Having fun!

Cheers
Petar
Only Dead Fish go With the Flow
froggpond1

Postby SkyRock on Mon May 27, 2013 3:27 pm

froggpond1 wrote:Hello It's Petar the construction guy from OGC.

Thank you for posting the videos!!! This helps me immensely when trying to figure out how to make things safer from a construction perspective. Clearly some fellows on this shoot are exceptional shots!!

If any one could answer a few questions that would be great.

1. Is the orientation of the shooter to targets always the same in this match?

Hi, Petar.

The targets are always downrange to the shooter. There is some side-to-side allowance, but all bullet strikes must be in the downrange berm. Anything else is considered unsafe and is an immediate DQ.

froggpond1 wrote:2. Distance to target: is the distance always the same?

Glad to see people out here Having fun!

Cheers
Petar

The shooting distance can be anything from contact distance, to whatever the COF requires (I've shot a few 50 yard stages. :( :oops: ). The only restriction on distance is when steel targets or hard cover is used; then it's 23-26', depending on the stage setup (just checked the rulebook), but it's usually rounded off to 8yds minimum. FWIW, for the Glock Match, the plates must be 11yds from the shooter.

At Oakdale, the closest I can remember is about 4-6 feet when the target is almost up to the berm. The farthest is about 25 yards.

Come and join us!
SkyRock

Postby LumberZach on Mon May 27, 2013 10:15 pm

Hey guys,

I am still really new to shooting pistol, and have never been to one of these things. It appears that I missed any of the orientation stuff, but I was wondering if I could still come out anyway to check things out see how this stuff is put together and whatnot. It looks like a lot of fun! Let me know.

Thanks guys.
LumberZach

Postby gunsmith on Mon May 27, 2013 10:27 pm

LumberZach wrote:Hey guys,

I am still really new to shooting pistol, and have never been to one of these things. It appears that I missed any of the orientation stuff, but I was wondering if I could still come out anyway to check things out see how this stuff is put together and whatnot. It looks like a lot of fun! Let me know.

Thanks guys.

Can't speak for those that run it but I'm sure you'll be fine. You may want to show up early and help set up the courses and walk through. Someone will go over the basics with you . Keeping the empty gun in the holster until you shoot and loading mags only in the designated spot are 2 important points. The most complicated part is clearing your gun and reholstering when you're done shooting. You'll have a great time.

Plus you get $5 off for setting up and $5 off for cleaning up.
gunsmith

Postby Lights on Tue May 28, 2013 5:08 am

Come on out LumberZack. Just tell the guys that you are new. They will take you aside and give you a quick rundown. Just keep your gun in your range bag or case until they show you where the safety area is and what it is for.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified RSO
Lights

Postby rugersol on Tue May 28, 2013 7:30 am

gunsmith wrote:loading mags only in the designated spot

... see 2nd bullet ... http://9x23.net/orient.htm

FWIW ...

• I'm no longer doing the orientation at OGC ... I presume someone else has been (I didn't shoot there at all last year) ... life is catching up ... and I can't be relied on, to be there most weeks.

• last week, a new shooter got DQ'd because he pulled his gun before "make ready" ... I have no clue if/how he was instructed ... regardless, the orientation sheet did not clearly state this ... now it does (this was only ever meant to be a "cheat sheet" ... presuming very few folks actually read, and can recollect, the entire USPSA handgun rulebook ... I know I can't! :? ... still, while I know I've always made a point to cover it, it should've been on the sheet! ... I hope that shooter comes back!)

• I actually used to have an "RO cheat sheet", separate from the orientation sheet ... I've recently updated the orientation sheet to otherwise include the actual USPSA handgun rulebook rule#'s ... at which, there's a couple new clarifications ... IMO, it's a better document fer it

• again, the orientation sheet is NOT meant to supplant the current official USPSA handgun rulebook (presentation of that rulebook always supersedes!) ... at which, some of the "rules" have been distilled ... for noob consumption ... and brevity :shock: ... themselves, they are not enforceable "rules", however, violating them will otherwise result in a DQ, as the the actual rules are close enough! ;)
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby LumberZach on Tue May 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Awesome, thanks guys! I will make it as soon as I can.
LumberZach

Postby jonahk on Thu May 30, 2013 8:46 am

(...looks at weather for today...)

Are these matches run in the rain, and where is the best place to make sure the match is still on for the day?

Thanks!
A75146
jonahk

Postby jonahk on Thu May 30, 2013 11:54 am

Nevermind, answered my own question. From the site:

we will cancel a match due to a severe weather warning, heavy rain, and/or flooding on the range

if we cancel a match, that don't mean there won't be shooting ... it just won't count for anything

Last time I checked, I don't melt in the rain. See some of you tonight!
A75146
jonahk

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs