Burnsville Pistol Range Practical Pistol Winter League

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: Burnsville Pistol Range Practical Pistol Winter League

Postby SkyRock on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:53 pm

TH3180 wrote:
CarRacer wrote:I had a bunch of fun last night, two good stages and lots of great people. Thanks to the ROs for keeping everyone safe and I don't envy Skyrock having to score the second stage.

Don't feel bad for him! He made the bed now he gets to sleep in it. Interesting way to make a revolver friendly stage. 8-)

I didn't. Really. It was Colt Officer's Model friendly. Trust me.
:twisted:
SkyRock

Postby SkyRock on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:23 pm

Scores sent. If you're expecting them, and didn't get them, please let me know.
SkyRock

Postby XD-GRIF on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Mike, Thanks for a fun night and fun stages.
Oakdale USPSA Match Co-Director
XD-GRIF

Postby CarRacer on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:15 pm

Thanks to the range officers for working tonight and keeping everyone safe. I enjoyed the second stage, the writing was a fun starting procedure and the target placement was challenging.

CarRacer

Postby TTS on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:35 am

Lots of fun last night!

Note to self: don't joke with Bruce about standing on a stage that you must remain seated... You may have a brain fart and shoot the whole stage standing. :oops:
Owner
Tactical Training Solutions
Specializing in Self Defense and Firearms Training
http://www.minnesotaccw.com
TTS

Postby LSandifer on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:00 pm

Hello all, I was wondering if there are alot of people shooting revolvers in this league? Would I be at a disadvantage against autos? I am hoping to come down this thursday to have a look at how things are run, but wondering if I could shoot what I own, or if i should save up for a pistol. Thanks for your time
LaMont
LSandifer

Postby SkyRock on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:07 pm

LSandifer wrote:Hello all, I was wondering if there are alot of people shooting revolvers in this league? Would I be at a disadvantage against autos? I am hoping to come down this thursday to have a look at how things are run, but wondering if I could shoot what I own, or if i should save up for a pistol. Thanks for your time
LaMont

A few of us are revolver shooters, so come ahead. You aren't at a disadvantage since you're only competing against other wheelgunners. Bottom feeders are seperate! :lol:
SkyRock

Postby LSandifer on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Thanks Skyrock.
LSandifer

Postby Pat Cannon on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:26 pm

LSandifer wrote:Hello all, I was wondering if there are alot of people shooting revolvers in this league? Would I be at a disadvantage against autos? I am hoping to come down this thursday to have a look at how things are run, but wondering if I could shoot what I own, or if i should save up for a pistol. Thanks for your time
LaMont

There were four of us revolver shooters last time if I remember right. The more the merrier!

SkyRock wrote:You aren't at a disadvantage since you're only competing against other wheelgunners. Bottom feeders are seperate! :lol:

Well technically yeah, but it's fun to 'beat' at least a couple of the autoloaders. :) (Especially when all the other wheelgunners beat me :()
Pat Cannon

Postby CarRacer on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:47 pm

Had a fun night after a long week of work. The second stage really kicked my butt, it really exposed my need to add some live fire training into my drills. Thanks to the ROs for keeping things safe and moving quickly.

Stage 1

Stage 2

CarRacer

Postby brado on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:52 am

Just happy my gun ran after having problems the last 5 matches :D
brado

Postby LSandifer on Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:18 pm

I stopped down last night to check out the match, I was the guy in the brown trench coat. I just wanted to say thanks to the people that took the time to explain things to me and the girlfriend. I felt out of place at first, but everyone made me feel quite welcome. Hopefully if things work out, I will be attending the next match, revolver in hand.
Be safe,
LaMont
LSandifer

Postby SkyRock on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Scores sent. Check your email.

If you see an error, let me know before I send it to Roger to have it posted.
SkyRock

Postby SkyRock on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:59 pm

LSandifer wrote:I stopped down last night to check out the match, I was the guy in the brown trench coat. I just wanted to say thanks to the people that took the time to explain things to me and the girlfriend. I felt out of place at first, but everyone made me feel quite welcome. Hopefully if things work out, I will be attending the next match, revolver in hand.
Be safe,
LaMont

I think we all had that "out of place" feeling at our first match, whether we were to watch or shoot. It does go away.

And the folks that shoot the Winter League are a great bunch of people. Hope you (and your girlfriend) give it a try.
SkyRock

Postby Mn01r6 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:40 pm

SkyRock wrote:
LSandifer wrote:I stopped down last night to check out the match, I was the guy in the brown trench coat. I just wanted to say thanks to the people that took the time to explain things to me and the girlfriend. I felt out of place at first, but everyone made me feel quite welcome. Hopefully if things work out, I will be attending the next match, revolver in hand.
Be safe,
LaMont

I think we all had that "out of place" feeling at our first match, whether we were to watch or shoot. It does go away.

And the folks that shoot the Winter League are a great bunch of people. Hope you (and your girlfriend) give it a try.

I was really nervous showing up to shoot the first match last year. (EDIT: oops - it was February of this year...last season but not last year) It was my first competitive marksmanship event ever, and I figured it was going to be 20 crusty old guys that had been shooting with each other for the past 30 years and...me.

Turns out you are unlikely to be the only first timer there and everyone wants you to get addicted to the sport like they are. Nobody cares how bad you do because they all had (have) their best plans go to hell when the buzzer sounds too.

How many seconds do you guess I lost sliding around stage 1 with my Teflon coated dress shoes last night? My plans went to hell when I left for work without a change of shoes Thursday morning!
Mn01r6

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs