3-gun training idea

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: 3-gun training idea

Postby PRS on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:15 pm

whats a pin wheel and a taccom? i thought a 4x4 was a truck....
PRS

Postby CarRacer on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am

Comedy isn't your strong suit.
CarRacer

Postby PRS on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:11 am

Neither is 3 gun....
PRS

Postby CarRacer on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:15 am

Haha, that makes two of us.
CarRacer

Postby jonahk on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:51 pm

PRS wrote:whats a pin wheel and a taccom? i thought a 4x4 was a truck....

Pinwheel is the term used to describe the sight of me throwing shells all over the place when I attempt to reload as fast as the Payneses
A75146
jonahk

Postby unknown on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:50 pm

I like this idea, specially for a noob like me who would like to get into 3 gun eventually.
Amat Victoria Curam
unknown

Postby Payne on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:43 am

I will post when a date is set. Then we can get a list of possibles that will come. Should be fun.
Payne

Postby Payne on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:28 am

Dryfire Class Notice.

When: Sunday Jan. 26th. at 10:00 a.m.
Where: Arnzen Arms
12494 Plaza Dr.
Eden Prairie MN
952-944-1875

What to bring:
An open mind, pen, paper, and the following equipment.

Unloaded legally cased weapons, three (3) empty handgun mags and two (2) empty rifle mags. Belt with holster, mag pouches of handgun and rifle, and choice of shotshell holders. I will bring some extra shot shell holders that have techlock attachments that can be borrowed. I have both Taccom Qualoads and four round carriers.

If you have an old blanket, please bring that as well. It will soften the blow of your mags falling and reduce wear and tear on the floor.

No live rounds. Weapons and gear will be triple checked prior to starting class.
Payne

Postby -=VILLY=- on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:55 am

Thanks for putting this on Brian. I don't know if it'll help give me some temporary relief for the itchy trigger finger syndrome I get every winter, or make it worse since it's just dry-fire, but I'll be there.
"MIND OVER MATTER - If you don't MIND, then it don't MATTER."
-=VILLY=-

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:00 am

Is it possible for new people thinking of getting into 3Gun to join in? I'm not up to full mobility (must use cane to walk) and don't want to slow anyone down nor cause a burden to others. I have no illusions that I will ever be competitive with anyone but myself. I only wish there was 3 Gun 30 yrs ago when I was mobile and much more spry.

Please give an honest opinion as to whether this event would be something I could do. If any of you believe I would intefere with the flow or slow everyone else down, please don't hold back. You will NOT hurt my feelings, I am interested in the sport and it's going to be up to 18 months before I'm completely able to walk without the aid of a cane. If you think I should wait, I fully understand and will sit out until I'm more mobile and more fully recovered. If you believe I should wait, do any of you think it would be beneficial for me to just come and observe, which will help this Noob get an idea of what exactly I'll need equipment wise and physical ability wise.

Thank you for any HONEST answers,

BD
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Payne on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:45 am

BD

You are more than welcome to come. Take part in as much of the class as you wish, if you don't feel up to something, not a problem to just sit out and watch. This class is really about breaking things down to the basic fundamentals, and how to practice those fundamentals starting slow, then speeding things up over time. Then giving people some ideas for practice drills that can somewhat simulate skills you will need when the actual shooting starts on the range.

Like I mentioned earlier, it kind of seemed like a dumb idea when I threw it out there, but I do know that dryfire works to increase your skill level. Hopefully I can show that to people when the day comes. All you will be out is your time as there is no fee for this.
Payne

Postby PRS on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:51 am

BD

Come for sure!!! Learn the skills and drills at this class and have 18 months to dryfire!

Anyone else who doesn't have gear or guns, come!!! The employee's at Arnzen will have their gamer guns there for new guys to play with and learn what they will need. Come see what people use, what works at what doesn't, if what you have right now will get you buy. It will be a comfortable place to learn and meet other shooters.
PRS

Postby CarRacer on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:59 pm

Half the reason I'm going is to scope out what gear the regular shooters are using.
CarRacer

Postby LumberZach on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:25 pm

How long will the class go? I am very interested, but don't have a lot of time or gear for things like this.
LumberZach

Postby NPayne on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:58 pm

The class is tentatively scheduled for 4 hours, but the duration will be dictated by the number of participants and input from the class. It will start at 1000 and there will be a lunch break at 1200. If you need to leave before the conclusion of the class, feel free.

In regard to BD's question, and anyone else wondering the same, come and bring your gear with you. You won't be slowing anyone down. This is a learning opportunity for all of us. Also, come shoot all the matches you want this year! If you think that a cane will keep you out of 3-gun, you have but to check out the Task Force Dagger guys. One of them shot BRM3G this year in a wheel chair, and I've seen one shooter take off a prosthetic leg and use it as a rest-aim for long-range rifle! This will be an excellent opportunity to hang out with fellow 3-gunners, check out different gear, and learn techniques an drills that will be beneficial to everyone. I look forward to seeing some familiar faces, and also some new ones.
NPayne

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs