Shooters that started at BPR Winter League

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Shooters that started at BPR Winter League

Postby SkyRock on Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:07 pm

I was just wondering how many folks out there that shoot USPSA or IDPA matches got their start in the Burnsville Pistol Range Winter League. I know of one that I see here occasionally, but I'm curious if there are more. FWIW, our first match was December, 1995, and we've held the matches every winter since then.
SkyRock

Re: Shooters that started at BPR Winter League

Postby andrewP on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:24 am

Given the overlap in the crowd that shows up at Oakdale and Burnsville, do you want to count people like me who started at Oakdale and then started shooting the BPR matches a year or two later?
andrewP

Postby SkyRock on Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:48 pm

andrewP wrote:Given the overlap in the crowd that shows up at Oakdale and Burnsville, do you want to count people like me who started at Oakdale and then started shooting the BPR matches a year or two later?

Nope. Just those whose first exposure to "action pistol" matches were at Burnsville.
SkyRock

Postby xd ED on Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:39 pm

SkyRock wrote:
andrewP wrote:Given the overlap in the crowd that shows up at Oakdale and Burnsville, do you want to count people like me who started at Oakdale and then started shooting the BPR matches a year or two later?

Nope. Just those whose first exposure to "action pistol" matches were at Burnsville.

That is likely me.
It's been a while - Fall 2010, but BPR league was the first matches I participated in.
...shot at Oakdale a bit the next summer, but about 1/2 way through the season life got in the way.
Always enjoyed BPR league; seemed faster paced than all the standing around at Oakdale.
..still like to get back into it....someday...
E D
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:35 pm

SkyRock wrote:I was just wondering how many folks out there that shoot USPSA or IDPA matches got their start in the Burnsville Pistol Range Winter League. I know of one that I see here occasionally, but I'm curious if there are more. FWIW, our first match was December, 1995, and we've held the matches every winter since then.

Nope. Other great places to shoot.
Holland&Holland

Postby andrewP on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:27 am

xd ED wrote:seemed faster paced than all the standing around at Oakdale.

Plenty of standing around at both; there's just no way to move through stages quickly when you've got large squads. OTOH, it's not like you want to turn people away, so you just get stuck trying to run things as efficiently as you can given the large crowd.
andrewP

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs