Skeet, sporting clay, or trap leagues

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Skeet, sporting clay, or trap leagues

Postby rucker on Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:20 pm

Does anybody know of, preferably, a skeet league in the Twin Cities that shoots on Saturdays?

I really like skeet, but will settle for something else ;)

I can only shoot on Saturdays or Sundays 5PM or later. This makes it a little difficult for me :lol:
rucker

Re: Skeet, sporting clay, or trap leagues

Postby macphisto on Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:49 pm

I've never shot trap or skeet, but would like to give it a try. Can I tag along with you sometime?
macphisto

Postby rucker on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:16 pm

macphisto wrote:I've never shot trap or skeet, but would like to give it a try. Can I tag along with you sometime?

Most certainly! This weekend I am going to work both days and I don't know of any place that is open much past 5. I plan on going to Beaverbrook with my foot thrower though if you wanted to get a little bit of initial practice. I could go around 6pm on either Saturday or Sunday. Otherwise next weekend I will have Saturday off and can go actually shoot a round of trap or skeet anytime during the day.
rucker

Postby JoeH on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:43 pm

It's a little drive outside of town but I highly recommend Wild Marsh.

http://www.wildmarshsportingclays.com/index.html

I've shot sporting clays league and 5-stand there. It's a top notch facility.
Joe
Not a Glock Certified Armorer
JoeH

Postby MsT on Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:28 am

Macphisto -- Oakdale has a "novice" trap night - Wednesdays from 5 PM until close (about 7 PM) - that we started for folks who want to learn. We initially started it for youngsters and women so they wouldn't have to shoot with the guys and gals who were regularly shooting 20-25. No pressure, no intimidation. There's generally someone there to give instruction on how to stand, aim, and follow through - and lots more gentlemen than we expected have showed up. Cost is $5. per round for non-members, bring gun and ammunition. Sept. 12 will be the last night.
“It is not the things we do in our lives that we regret – it’s the things we don’t do.” (Randy Pausch)

MCPPA Instructor - http://www.TrainingOptionsLLC.com
NRA Instructor
MN DNR Firearms Safety Instructor
Firearms Academy of Seattle Aug. 2008
MsT

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs