Burnsville Practical Pistol League brass thief

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: Burnsville Practical Pistol League brass thief

Postby Mn01r6 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:51 pm

I shoot 9, I don't reload, and I am happy to pick up your brass for you when you shoot. If I would have known I would have been doing it already.

ETA: I think that's the least you can do to say thanks to the RO's & scorers because without them the match ain't happening.
Mn01r6

Postby Snowgun on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:31 pm

river_boater wrote:I haven't been to BPR in a long time, but I seem to recall the policy was if it isn't your brass (from your gun), it's Roger's.

All ranges sell brass, it's probably one of the reasons it's still so economical to shoot at BPR.

If you haven't shot an action pistol match, in general and in particular at burnsville, im sorry but you do not know what you are talking about. Its a closed range event, special rules.
Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price. - Sun Tzu

The Way is in training... Do nothing which is not of value. - Miyamato Musashi

One who knows the Self puts death to death. - Upanishads
Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Postby Snowgun on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Mn01r6 wrote:I shoot 9, I don't reload, and I am happy to pick up your brass for you when you shoot. If I would have known I would have been doing it already.

ETA: I think that's the least you can do to say thanks to the RO's & scorers because without them the match ain't happening.

When i walk back after my run, and a guy hands me my brass, even though i may just blurt out only thanks, i really am thinking that you are a **** solid dude who could get a free beer out of me after the match. :D

Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Postby river_boater on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Snowgun wrote:If you haven't shot an action pistol match, in general and in particular at burnsville, im sorry but you do not know what you are talking about. Its a closed range event, special rules.

You're right. I only went there during regular, open range hours.

So what are the "special" rules then?
river_boater

Postby Snowgun on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:45 pm

river_boater wrote:
Snowgun wrote:If you haven't shot an action pistol match, in general and in particular at burnsville, im sorry but you do not know what you are talking about. Its a closed range event, special rules.

Like i said, closed event. When you go to church, do you get to stand next to the alter and throw rice everywhere afterwords? You do at a wedding. ;)

Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Postby TH3180 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:59 pm

Snowgun wrote:
river_boater wrote:

Like i said, closed event. When you go to church, do you get to stand next to the alter and throw rice everywhere afterwords? You do at a wedding. ;)

Lets not forget what this thread is about. Some ******* stole our brass.
MrVvrroomm wrote:What time is lunch? I'm having a colonoscopy that morning at 1000. I'm sure I'll be hungry.
TH3180

Postby MrVvrroomm on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:38 am

TH3180 wrote:Lets not forget what this thread is about. Some ******* stole our brass.

Yeah, the subject of this thread is a thief among our action shooting league.

It's NOT about your experience when you go to whatever range you go to, and whatever the range brass policy is.

This has nothing to do with range policy. The sh1tstain that stole everyone's brass is the subject of this thread.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Certified Glock Armorer

engnerdan wrote:First he beat me up on the price. Then he made me deliver it. Then he made me drive to Roseville to pick up my money.
MrVvrroomm
Changed

Postby xd ED on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:52 am

river_boater wrote:

Haven't been there this season, and won't due to work and other conflicts- but Roger's only concern known to me was kicking up dust with the floor broom sweeping brass off to the side. Maybe they're using a squeegee now, as it was discussed in the past.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby xd ED on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:01 am

TH3180 wrote:Lets not forget what this thread is about. Some ******* stole our brass.

Yep and that's pretty horse ****, given spirit of the event- informal, voluntarily organized and run, by the participants.

Hopefully the guy never shows again, or if he does, he gets publicly recognized for his ambitious clean up efforts.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Snowgun on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:52 am

xd ED wrote:
river_boater wrote:

Haven't been there this season, and won't due to work and other conflicts- but Roger's only concern known to me was kicking up dust with the floor broom sweeping brass off to the side. Maybe they're using a squeegee now, as it was discussed in the past.

Using a shovel now.

Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Postby SkyRock on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:41 am

OK, guys. I've announced the policy at some shooters' meetings before the matches. Maybe I should have said it again, but with nearly 80 people waiting to shoot, I assumed( :evil: ) everyone knew it. Here's what *I* announce (and Roger hasn't objected):

AT THESE MATCHES, when you've finished shooting, you may pick up YOUR brass to keep. If you pick up someone else's brass, offer it to them, but they tell you, "I don't reload. You can keep it," then you're free to do so since YOU OFFERED THE OWNER HIS/HER BRASS AND THEY GAVE IT TO YOU.

If you aren't able to police your brass and others aren't doing it, you may take ONLY WHAT YOU BRUNG! Anything else is Roger's. Again, in words that some may find easier to understand, "IF YOU DIDN'T BRUNG IT, OR THE OWNER DIDN'T GIVE IT TO YOU, IT AIN'T YOURN!"

Now, I didn't see the person take off with the brass, and no-one remembered his name, so I won't take any action (public humiliation, name calling, finger pointing, or whatever), but, if you are reading this Mr. Carryoff, PM me, we'll get the brass returned to Roger and we'll say no more about this incident.

Mike
Match Director
BPR Winter Practical Pistol League
SkyRock

Postby MrVvrroomm on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:51 am

SkyRock wrote:Now, I didn't see the person take off with the brass, and no-one remembered his name, so I won't take any action (public humiliation, name calling, finger pointing, or whatever), but, if you are reading this Mr. Carryoff, PM me, we'll get the brass returned to Roger and we'll say no more about this incident.

Mike
Match Director
BPR Winter Practical Pistol League

Mike is being the good guy, thank you.

I have never had a problem being the ass-hole, and I will continue to do so. You are nothing but a common thief as witnessed by the way you made your way out of the range. Best advice: don't come back.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Certified Glock Armorer

engnerdan wrote:First he beat me up on the price. Then he made me deliver it. Then he made me drive to Roseville to pick up my money.
MrVvrroomm
Changed

Postby brado on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:17 am

Ok come on guys I think maybe he took it to size and clean it and bring it Back at the next match :roll:
brado

Postby 20mm on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:17 am

This sounds pretty bogus to me. If it's true the guy should be given a medal!

You have to be one hell of a brass rat to steal all those casings with a other shooters around and make your escape.

He probably picked up a few of your cases and now you're pissed your 50round box has 6 empty spaces. :)
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby TH3180 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:25 am

20mm wrote:
He probably picked up a few of your cases and now you're pissed your 50round box has 6 empty spaces. :)

No I'm pissed because the piece of **** stole from me. If he's stealing brass who's to say he won't grab stuff out of my range bag.
MrVvrroomm wrote:What time is lunch? I'm having a colonoscopy that morning at 1000. I'm sure I'll be hungry.
TH3180

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs