Action Arms Steel Challenge -> Open to anyone?

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: Action Arms Steel Challenge -> Open to anyone?

Postby FirearmFan on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:45 am

For anyone who has done this before what can I expect? I see there is 6 stages but how many rounds should I bring? I plan to miss a little too. Also is there shooting on the move or is it all stationary? Thanks
FirearmFan

Postby Keith on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:10 am

FirearmFan wrote:For anyone who has done this before what can I expect? I see there is 6 stages but how many rounds should I bring? I plan to miss a little too. Also is there shooting on the move or is it all stationary? Thanks

I believe they usually do 5 strings per stage with usually 5 plates per stage. Shouldn't be any more but it could be less.
My math comes out to 150 rounds if you don't miss. I plan on missing occasionally, too. When going to any of these steel/IDPA/USPSA matches I bring double what is needed just to be safe.

There shouldn't be any shooting on the move but there may be a stage that you have to start in one box, shoot the required targets, then move to another box and shoot the remaining targets.
Yeah, but I shoot with THIS hand.
Keith

Postby FirearmFan on Sun May 02, 2010 4:02 pm

I just got back from the steel challenge. I had a good time. Thanks for the heads up about this. I haven't shot too much yet this year so it was good to get out and dust off the cobwebs. Compared to most of the other people I didn't do that well, but I didn't expect to either. I just started this "competitive" action shooting stuff last summer. (I went to a few steel shoots and a mini 3-gun last summer). It was pretty windy and chilly but that's better than sweating. There were some pretty impressive shooters there.
FirearmFan

Previous

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs