What's going on here, no one shooting clay targets

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: What's going on here, no one shooting clay targets

Postby cobb on Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:02 pm

The only weekend that I have open until October is Labor Day, and that is maybe. I do also have Sunday September 9th open, yet. :roll: :roll:
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby tt3 on Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:06 pm

rucker wrote:

Actually I just remembered that Saturday is when I was going to try to take a permit class if somebody could fit me in. I think I am the only one on the board who doesn't have it yet :(

Well, that's alright. ;)
If you or anyone else is available on a weekend between 2-4 or so for a quick round of clays or pistol shooting, I'm game. I've got plenty of ammo for myself, and with two small kids last minute is best. Seriously, I do twenty minute warning WAY better than two weeks in advance. For some reason, the Fates have it that kids will be sick/cranky/not napping/owly when my wife is on call/back thrown out/summer cold/whatever.
Its a toss of the dice for me.
BUT I want to shoot with someone!
My policy with my friends is "if you don't mind me saying no, I don't mind being asked last minute." So long as I'm not called a troll again, I'm game.
:lol:
tt3

Postby ttousi on Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:25 pm

tt3 wrote:
rucker wrote:

Actually I just remembered that Saturday is when I was going to try to take a permit class if somebody could fit me in. I think I am the only one on the board who doesn't have it yet :(

Well, that's alright. ;)
If you or anyone else is available on a weekend between 2-4 or so for a quick round of clays or pistol shooting, I'm game. I've got plenty of ammo for myself, and with two small kids last minute is best. Seriously, I do twenty minute warning WAY better than two weeks in advance. For some reason, the Fates have it that kids will be sick/cranky/not napping/owly when my wife is on call/back thrown out/summer cold/whatever.
Its a toss of the dice for me.
BUT I want to shoot with someone!
My policy with my friends is "if you don't mind me saying no, I don't mind being asked last minute." So long as I'm not called a troll again, I'm game.
:lol:

I would suggest you not use the terms "shoot" "troll" and "I'm game" in the same response with this bunch. :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby tt3 on Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:29 pm

ttousi wrote:
I would suggest you not use the terms "shoot" "troll" and "I'm game" in the same response with this bunch. :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Point well taken. :lol:
tt3

Postby Pred on Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:40 am

I shoot on a trap league during the summer near Nicollet. Our season is just about over for the year. :cry: I mostly shoot trap, but I love an occasional round of sporting clays. Which can certainly be a humbling experience... But at the same time it can't be beat for practicing for the hunting season.
Pred

Postby cobb on Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:59 pm

Pred you do know we are going to be shooting clays on Thursday nights at my place starting August 30th right? 8-)
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby Pred on Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:00 am

cobb wrote:Pred you do know we are going to be shooting clays on Thursday nights at my place starting August 30th right? 8-)

Yep. I won't make that 30th though. That is our trap league awards ceremony night. We shoot a round of doubles trap and then throw a ribeye on the grill afterwards. That's really hard to pass up. :D
Pred

Previous

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs