Watched my first IDPA match sun.

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Watched my first IDPA match sun.

Postby BamBam on Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:24 pm

I was invited at Bill's by JAC714 to watch an IDPA match , had a great time, I've never shot from the holster and they let me shoot a couple rounds. Still a little confusing as far as the lingo goes but will get it soon. I don't know faces to the names on the forum here but I was the little short buggar watching and helping put the tape on. Thanx guys for letting me participate. :D
BamBam

Re: Watched my first IDPA match sun.

Postby jac714 on Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:44 pm

BamBam wrote:I was invited at Bill's by JAC714 to watch an IDPA match , had a great time, I've never shot from the holster and they let me shoot a couple rounds. Still a little confusing as far as the lingo goes but will get it soon. I don't know faces to the names on the forum here but I was the little short buggar watching and helping put the tape on. Thanx guys for letting me participate. :D

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The rulebook can be found here:

http://www.idpa.com./Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf

Let me know if I can help in any way.

See you at the next match, the schedule can be found here:

http://www.twincitiesidpa.com/

Shoot safe.
"The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now."

IFIA MCPPA Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor
jac714

Postby westberg on Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:02 pm

BamBam glad you could make it, I had on a white shirt shooting a 1911 in the group you were watching. I was new to it at the beginning of the summer. Take the time to review the rulebook like jac714 suggested and you will get up to speed in no time. I'm sure you figured out that safety is first and then just shoot within your skill level.
westberg

Postby rucker on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:34 pm

BamBam wrote:I was invited at Bill's by JAC714 to watch an IDPA match , had a great time, I've never shot from the holster and they let me shoot a couple rounds. Still a little confusing as far as the lingo goes but will get it soon. I don't know faces to the names on the forum here but I was the little short buggar watching and helping put the tape on. Thanx guys for letting me participate. :D

I didn't realize you were a forum member :) That was the first match I have watched too. It looks really interesting and I can't wait for next month to actually shoot it!
rucker

Postby rtk on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:50 pm

Rucker & Bam-Bam

I was there also shooting in the group with jac714 and westberg. I saw both of you and now I can put a face with your board names. I will make sure and introduce myself to you at the next match. Welcome aboard, it's certainly addicting!

rtk
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby IDPA Shooter on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:49 pm

westberg wrote:BamBam glad you could make it, I had on a white shirt shooting a 1911 in the group you were watching. I was new to it at the beginning of the summer. Take the time to review the rulebook like jac714 suggested and you will get up to speed in no time. I'm sure you figured out that safety is first and then just shoot within your skill level.

It's true that Ron and Dawn just started shooting with us. They were also in one of the holster classes we ran last year. It is also true that Ron was the CDP champion and Most Accurate this month (Congrats). I also must admit Ron's 1911 is a great gun for him, and I believe it is a Kimber. BTW Ron, shooting the non threats is my specialty, so watch it!

I also enjoyed meeting Rucker, Bam Bam etc and hope you found our club welcoming, we hope to see you next month. I'm sure we'll have 30+ at the next match. Bob Andrews does a great and fast job of scoring, here are the match results:

http://twincitiesidpa.com/results/2007% ... -10-14.htm

I think we will also start linking the courses so people can better see what we do and to help the shooters remember the various courses.
Bob Jahn NRA CRSO, IDPA 5 Gunner
USCCA Certified Training Counselor
NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun, Advanced Pistol Instructor
Massad Ayoob Group Instructor
Defense Training Intl (John Farnam) Instructor

http://www.rejfirearmstraining.com
IDPA Shooter

Postby westberg on Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:54 pm

Thanks Bob, I thought the Non-threat was actually wearing a Concealed Carry Badge and was fair game........ :)
IDPA Shooter wrote:It's true that Ron and Dawn just started shooting with us. They were also in one of the holster classes we ran last year.
I highly recommend this class, Dawn and I really enjoyed it and learned a lot.

Ron
westberg

Postby BamBam on Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:18 am

Im signed up for Bob,s holster class on Nov. 3rd, Bringing my stubby XD40 sub compact as it my carry gun. Hope to see you guys at the next match at Bills
BamBam

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs