More Oakdale Gun Club

Local shooting clubs and leagues

More Oakdale Gun Club

Postby ttousi on Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:23 pm

How many are members.............(need some input)

Respond here or PM me

These I know:

Seismic Sam
MsT
nyffman
ironbear
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Re: More Oakdale Gun Club

Postby ttousi on Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:34 pm

Nobody else? :shock: :shock:
MN Permit Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby mnlitig8r on Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:38 pm

I'm hoping to be a member. Does that count?
mnlitig8r

Postby ttousi on Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:41 pm

mnlitig8r wrote:I'm hoping to be a member. Does that count?

Not this year unfortunately. :( Put on tap for next year :D
MN Permit Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor

ttousi

Postby ttousi on Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:06 pm

Board meeting tonight............short range discussion again .........support from members welcomed. 7PM.
MN Permit Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor

ttousi

Postby nyffman on Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:39 am

ttousi wrote:Board meeting tonight............short range discussion again .........support from members needed. 7PM.

maybe this would that be a better way to state it? I had to drop off a form at Bob's house the other day and was hoping to get in a word with him on that but I just missed him. just got home from work, how did it go?
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby ttousi on Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:46 am

went well...........board final decision on building size, approval and desire to start site prep while drawings for permit are completed. 30 days until CUP closes.......sense of urgency.
Most board members were unclear on the CUP (Conditional Use Permit) and it's relationship to building permit process. They now understand that if we don't move quickly the cost will rise by 1100.00 by having to re-open the CUP which is also a PITA.

Hopefully site prep will happen "yesterday"

Had several members there in support. Ironbear said a few words. Every little bit helps. Also Troy Member/contractor had some 3D animations of building that we showed on the big screen.........very effective.
MN Permit Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor

ttousi

Postby Ironbear on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:32 pm

ttousi wrote:went well...........board final decision on building size, approval and desire to start site prep while drawings for permit are completed. 30 days until CUP closes.......sense of urgency.
Most board members were unclear on the CUP (Conditional Use Permit) and it's relationship to building permit process. They now understand that if we don't move quickly the cost will rise by 1100.00 by having to re-open the CUP which is also a PITA.

I hadn't been there for previous presentations, but I thought this was laid out nicely. It really empathized that if they wanted it to happen, now was the time to get started! It seemed that when things were clarified, the board seemed to think it was a no-brainer and popped it right through. Oakdale has taken first steps on its way towards a 10 yard, covered range! Whoo-hoo!

edited to add Kudos to ttousi!
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby nyffman on Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:04 am

Ironbear wrote:I hadn't been there for previous presentations, but I thought this was laid out nicely. It really empathized that if they wanted it to happen, now was the time to get started! It seemed that when things were clarified, the board seemed to think it was a no-brainer and popped it right through. Oakdale has taken first steps on its way towards a 10 yard, covered range! Whoo-hoo!

edited to add Kudos to ttousi!

It's good to see that ttousi actually does something other than annoy hammAR. :P But seriously, I thank both of you for everything you have done to help move this project along. I would have liked to have been there, but since I need the job to cover my expenses............I'm going to quit this job so I can do more of the things I enjoy.......wait a minute, the $155 million Powerball winner was in Rhode Island, I haven't been in Rhode Island for quite a while, never mind.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Re: More Oakdale Gun Club Updated

Postby ttousi on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:34 pm

Update from meeting with city 12/16/07

The city is is making us go thru the Conditional Use Permit process anyway. So we are now hustling to get the package together by the 28th so that we can get on the Jan calendar for the planning commission.

Looks like no construction till spring :(

On the positive side...........project is moving :)
MN Permit Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor

ttousi

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs