IDPA Rocks!

Local shooting clubs and leagues

IDPA Rocks!

Postby IDPA Shooter on Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:16 pm

OK, I'm hardly impartial but the Twin Cities IDPA Club is really getting it done. Yeah, I'm the president, but the team does the work and they are excellent. 34 shooters showed up, 4 just watching so we had 30 folks out on the 2 ranges. We got the rifle bay at 4:45pm, the pistol bay at 5:15pm. We started the match at 5:30pm and I was literally the last shooter out the door at 8:05pm.

We had 4 stages , some up close and personal, Col Cooper's classic El Presidente and most fired 60+ rounds on 4 stages. I'm not saying it is for everyone, and it is not training, but you can make the game fairly realistic and its a lot of fun.

We are space constrained and time limited indoors, but please think about getting involved when we move outside to Beaverbrook and our sister club Minnetonka Game and Fish cranks their season up in April. We will have a new shooter orientation program and there are several sources of good holster training, which is obviously a required skill.
Bob Jahn NRA CRSO, IDPA 5 Gunner
USCCA Certified Training Counselor
NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun, Advanced Pistol Instructor
Massad Ayoob Group Instructor
Defense Training Intl (John Farnam) Instructor

http://www.rejfirearmstraining.com
IDPA Shooter

Re: IDPA Rocks!

Postby westberg on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:42 am

Thanks Bob and all of the staff for putting on a great match. It was challenging and fun to shoot. Looking forward for the next one.

Ron
westberg

Postby cmj685 on Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:37 pm

Challenging?! Huh!!! Yes, I agree that IDPA rocks, but after last night I am feeling that us senior citizens ought to get to walk up much closer to the targets than the rest of 'em before shooting. Where's the advantage of getting old if you still have to shoot at targets you can hardly see anymore through your cataracts? And it would be more realistic to an actual battle too, since we can't run nearly as fast as the young whippersnappers and therefore the bad guys are always going to be lots closer to us than to the young guys! Whatd'ya think? Sort of like the women's and senior's tees in golf--just a bit closer to even out the advantage? Pleassssse?
I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
cmj685

Postby someone1980 on Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:10 pm

cmj685 wrote:Challenging?! Huh!!! Yes, I agree that IDPA rocks, but after last night I am feeling that us senior citizens ought to get to walk up much closer to the targets than the rest of 'em before shooting. Where's the advantage of getting old if you still have to shoot at targets you can hardly see anymore through your cataracts? And it would be more realistic to an actual battle too, since we can't run nearly as fast as the young whippersnappers and therefore the bad guys are always going to be lots closer to us than to the young guys! Whatd'ya think? Sort of like the women's and senior's tees in golf--just a bit closer to even out the advantage? Pleassssse?

Oh come on! What happened to "Age and deceit will overcome youth and speed"?
Defend yourself.
Defend your family.
Defend your beliefs.
someone1980

Postby cobb on Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:17 pm

someone1980 wrote:Oh come on! What happened to "Age and deceit will overcome youth and speed"?

Ya, I'm in my 50's and have been wondering the same thing after the matches lately.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs