Nearest place to shoot around Monticello??

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Nearest place to shoot around Monticello??

Postby Intellect on Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:00 pm

I am looking for a place close by to break in my new Glock 23. Since the close in InRange, SherCo and since it is still winter, I am not sure where I can go shoot (without membership, unless its really simple etc.). Any suggestions?
Intellect

Re: Nearest place to shoot around Monticello??

Postby 1911fan on Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:42 pm

I was under the impression that INrange was back in operation.
1911fan

Postby Squib Joe on Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:11 pm

From their website:

"Inrange will be open again soon. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope to be open again for business as soon as possible."
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby nyffman on Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:47 pm

I don't have any inside info, but my guess is that the "opening soon" thing is wishfull thinking. I was going to meet my son there this week for a little shooting. I called the number listed for them, got no answer and "mailbox is full" message.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby Einthoven's Triangle on Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:02 am

DelTone in St Cloud (outdoors) or Bill's (indoors) in Robbinsdale appear to the two closest places to shoot without membership...
Einthoven's Triangle

Postby Intellect on Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:00 pm

Thanks for the replies, and yes I think that InRange is doing some very wishful thinking by saying they hope to be open soon. As soon as Shea is sentenced for the drug possession, he won't be able to touch a firearm or be able to work around around them i.e. InRange. I'm sure he'll do some jail time and will be watched like a hawk after the fact. As for outdoor ranges such as Del-Tone....are they open this early in the season already??
Intellect

Postby Einthoven's Triangle on Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:10 pm

Man Intellect you sure need to let your fingers do some walking on dialing the phone! I bet money that DelTone is open all the time! Winter, spring, summer and fall. Heck join one of the clubs out that way.....Cokato, Hutch, and Delano come to mind!
Einthoven's Triangle

Postby Einthoven's Triangle on Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:17 pm

Intellect wrote: As soon as Shea is sentenced for the drug possession, he won't be able to touch a firearm or be able to work around around them i.e. InRange.

Remember that in this country you are innocent till proven guilty! And, he has not gone to trial. You need a trial to be convicted. You have to be convicted to get sentenced! Not that from what the papers have said is pretty damning!
Einthoven's Triangle

Postby Fast351 on Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:02 pm

I hear from a pretty reliable source who will speak up if he wants to here, that the range is shopping a new operations manager to run the place and will indeed open again soon. Not sure of the timeline...
Fast351

Postby Intellect on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:43 pm

Einthoven's Triangle wrote:
Intellect wrote: As soon as Shea is sentenced for the drug possession, he won't be able to touch a firearm or be able to work around around them i.e. InRange.

Remember that in this country you are innocent till proven guilty! And, he has not gone to trial. You need a trial to be convicted. You have to be convicted to get sentenced! Not that from what the papers have said is pretty damning!

That's exactly right, thats why I said "sentenced" - as in getting charged for the crime and receiving your punishment. Yes, he is innocent til proven guilty but how will he honestly prove that the drugs had nothing to do with him when they have evidence such as: measured meth baggies containing a check stub with the InRange checking account number??? Let alone the drugs and illegal explosives in his HOME. How could one possibly get out of that? There is way too much narc evidence and government personnel involved whom witnessed it all. I know we are trying to be optimistic for him by saying "innocent til provent guilty" but in this situation and given the amount of evidence; it's appropriate to be realistic.

I too, also heard they are searching for an operations manager. He is doing anything he can to try and salvage his business, wouldn't you?
Intellect

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs