G34 Sight Suggestions

Local shooting clubs and leagues

G34 Sight Suggestions

Postby rtk on Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:52 pm

I just picked up a gently used G34 and I wondering if anyone has any suggestions regarding the sights that are on it, they have the stock adjustable sights from Glock on it but I noticed that they were cranked way over to the right. when I took it for a test drive last night i fiddeled with the adjustments and found that having them cranked way over to the right was the only place that would put shot placement COM. Please give me some feedback.

RTK ( who wants to perform better at IDPA)
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Re: G34 Sight Suggestions

Postby Motobob on Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:45 pm

I have a new 35 that had the same problem. I very gently with a tiny hammer and punch moved the rear sight in it's dovetail and corrected the offset adjustemnt you described. Hope that helps.
A fact to a liberal is like garlic to a vampire.
Motobob

Postby DaveA on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:46 pm

I don't know about those stock sights but I just put Tru Glow Trinimum (sp?) Fiber Optics (TFO's) on all my defensive guns and all I can say is holy crap they are nice. A guy at the last IDPA match I attended put it best when he said, "if you can't see where you're shooting with TFO's there is no hope for you" (after which I shot my worst ever... :oops: but it was due to a host of other reasons not the sights).
DaveA

Postby centermass40 on Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:45 pm

I use Warren Tactical Series - Dave Sevigny competition sights on all my Glocks that I shoot in GSSF Glock matches. They work very well for me.
centermass40

Postby Hammer99... on Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:32 pm

I use a Heinie Slant pro Rear and Dawson front for my shooters and Meprolight orange on green for my defensive guns. Works for me…
I love it when a plan comes together!
Hammer99...

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs