Tuesday Pistol League at ICSC

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Tuesday Pistol League at ICSC

Postby Vlad on Mon May 21, 2012 10:14 am

Morning,
I hope that this finds you all well! The Tuesday Night Pistol League will be starting up again at ICSC on Tuesday May 22 and then going forward. I attached the rules that we are using this year. I tried to put on paper some of the verbal expectations from years past and to clarify what the expectations going forward. Changes include:
-Running a designated cold line with all pistols coming to and from the line in a case or in a holster.
-We will have a designated area for clearing carry firearms if you are going to shoot with them and this will also be the show and tell area. No Ammo allowed in this area.
-There will be a strict 180 rule enforced on the line, Muzzle control is king with all activities on the line.
- Only shooters or the RO on the forward cement pad while shooting is occurring. I would like to use the covered area for staging, watching and general BSing.

Give me a call with any questions and feel free to bring new shooters out to participate. You must be a member of the club to fully participate in the league but if you want to try it on for fit, you are welcome to come and try.
Tom
612-986-5471

Isanti County Sportsman’s Club
2012 Pistol League Rules
General Information:
- League is on Tuesdays beginning May 22nd, 2012, at 6:00 pm.
- The league will last twelve weeks with 10 scores toward the total.
- You can make up for weeks you missed, you may also shoot ahead.
- The cost is $5.00 per league round, practice rounds are $1.00.
- All 7 stages will be fired from 21 feet.
- The scoring rings, from the center outward for center fire, are worth 5, 4 and 3 points. A hit in the large white area outside the rings is worth 1 point. Anything outside the heavy black line is zero. A bullet hole touching a scoring ring is worth the higher value. Rimfire will have an additional 2 inch scoring area in the center that will be scored as 5 and then moving outward to 4,3 and 2 points with the large white area remaining as 1 point as above.
- Shooters may only load their firearms on the firing line after the Range Officer has given permission.
- You may only load as many rounds as are required for that stage, no extra rounds.
- All stages will begin with the firearm touching the loading table.
- No telescopic, electric or similar optical sights are allowed. Night sights or fiber optic sights are legal.
- There will be a rim fire class, and a center fire class. You may shoot both if you wish.
- At the end of the league, all shooters will be ranked by total points. The shooters will then be divided into classes. (A, B, etc.) Each class will have a first and second place award. This will result in shooters competing against other shooters of a similar skill level.
- Barricade stages: The shooter must start from a position centered behind the barricade. No part of the shooter or the firearm may touch the barricade. Once the timer beeps, you may only move ONE of your feet.

Safety:
This is our first and foremost concern! We will be observing the 180dgree side rule. If you break the plane, your shooting is done for the day. Muzzle control is a must! Instruction is available for those that are in need.
This will be a cold line; all firearms must be brought to and from the line in a case and unloaded. If you are shooting your carry firearm, please take to the designated area to clear and then do not remove your firearm until you are to the line. All gun handling and “show and tell” must occur here. No live ammo is allowed in this area.

Range Commands:
The Range Officer will say:

“Are the shooters ready?”
“The shooters are ready.”
!!If you are not ready, be vocal and wave at the Range Officer to get their attention!!

There will be about a 3 second pause, and the timer will beep, signaling the shooters to commence fire.

At the end of the time period, the timer will beep again, and the shooters will stop firing, whether they have finished the stage or not.

If a shooter has a malfunction on Stages 1 through 6, they will have 1 chance to re-shoot that stage. A re-shoot is not allowed on Stage 7, as it makes the target too hard to score.

Course of fire:
Stage 1: 5 rounds, two hands, no barricade, 10 seconds.
Stage 2: 5 rounds, two hands, strong side barricade, 10 seconds.
Stage 3: 5 rounds, two hands, weak side barricade, 10 seconds.
Stage 4: 5 rounds, two hands, no barricade, 5 seconds.
Stage 5: 5 rounds, master hand only, no barricade, 10 seconds.
Stage 6: 5 rounds, weak hand only, no barricade, 10 seconds.
Stage 7: Reload stage, 10 rounds, two hands, no barricade, 20 seconds. All shooters will reload. If you are using a high capacity firearm and only have one magazine, you are allowed to start the stage with all 10 rounds in the firearm however, you will be required to remove the mag, place on the table and then reinsert into the firearm.
http://www.Schleifleather.com For custom holsters that fit you and the gun, not to mention show off those Strad grips...

The cost of liberty is less than the price of repression."

--W.E.B. Du Bois,
American scholar and civil rights leader
Vlad

Re: Tuesday Pistol League at ICSC

Postby xracer390 on Mon May 21, 2012 1:51 pm

I would like to see a no shoot or a penalty for no glasses, earplugs, steping over the line to shoot around barricade or maybe even loading the weapon before being told. I saw all of the above happen many times and so did some others. I break the law quite often so I shouldnt maybe talk....... 8-) BB
Burnouts, big horsepower, and things that go bang!
xracer390

Postby MrVvrroomm on Mon May 21, 2012 2:27 pm

xracer390 wrote:I would like to see a no shoot or a penalty for no glasses, earplugs, steping over the line to shoot around barricade or maybe even loading the weapon before being told.
:shock: :shock: :roll: If you have shooters that are loading their guns without RO supervision, you have a HUGE problem.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Certified Glock Armorer

engnerdan wrote:First he beat me up on the price. Then he made me deliver it. Then he made me drive to Roseville to pick up my money.
MrVvrroomm
Changed

Postby xracer390 on Mon May 21, 2012 3:00 pm

MrVvrroomm wrote:
xracer390 wrote:I would like to see a no shoot or a penalty for no glasses, earplugs, steping over the line to shoot around barricade or maybe even loading the weapon before being told.
:shock: :shock: :roll: If you have shooters that are loading their guns without RO supervision, you have a HUGE problem.

This was at the line, low ready and Im sure they anticipated the RO calling for load when ready. Maybe someone had trouble so the RO was helping them. It didnt happen often but it did happen.
xracer390

Postby Scott Notaeh on Tue May 22, 2012 12:14 pm

Tom,

Wife and I can't make it tonight. Thought wife was going to be able to make it but I forgot a meeting that I need to go to so she will be taking the rug rats to soccer. Just too much going on. Try again next week.

Scott
Scott Notaeh

Postby xracer390 on Tue May 22, 2012 1:41 pm

We will be there, may not shoot a real round. Maybe just for practice, have not sighted in the ruger yet. Also her birthday so cant stay too long. Bryan
xracer390

Postby Scott Notaeh on Tue May 22, 2012 2:07 pm

xracer390 wrote:We will be there, may not shoot a real round. Maybe just for practice, have not sighted in the ruger yet. Also her birthday so cant stay too long. Bryan

Really we are not going cause we are intimidated by the Ruger....
Scott Notaeh

Postby xracer390 on Tue May 22, 2012 4:17 pm

Scott Notaeh wrote:
xracer390 wrote:We will be there, may not shoot a real round. Maybe just for practice, have not sighted in the ruger yet. Also her birthday so cant stay too long. Bryan

Really we are not going cause we are intimidated by the Ruger....

just leveling the playing field. :D
xracer390

Postby xracer390 on Tue May 29, 2012 1:14 pm

WHo is ready for tonight ? I am !
xracer390

Postby Dakotared on Mon May 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Just a heads up for any one around the Cambridge area this starts again on May 7th 5:30!!!
Dakotared

Postby xracer390 on Mon May 06, 2013 8:17 pm

Dakotared wrote:Just a heads up for any one around the Cambridge area this starts again on May 7th 5:30!!!

Is ammo included this year ?
8-)
xracer390

Postby westhope on Mon May 06, 2013 9:19 pm

We will have a designated area for clearing carry firearms if you are going to shoot with them and this will also be the show and tell area. No Ammo allowed in this area.

How can you clear your carry gun if no ammo is allowed in the area?
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs