NORDIC COMPONENTS TACTICAL SHOTGUN MATCH

Local shooting clubs and leagues

NORDIC COMPONENTS TACTICAL SHOTGUN MATCH

Postby J.Schmitt on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:32 am

This match is a joint effort by Nordic Components and the MN 3 Gun Group. We are planning on 12 stages. Take a look at the registration page. There will be a prize table at this match. We plan on testing all your tactical shotgun skills and then some. Birdshot, Slugs, Buckshot will all be used. This should be a must attend match on your calendar for all Minnesota shooters. More info will follow as the match gets closer. I would estimate an initial round count totaling 200.

http://tacticalshotgunchampionship.com/ ... cation.pdf

Jay
J.Schmitt

Re: NORDIC COMPONENTS TACTICAL SHOTGUN MATCH

Postby shooter115 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Looking forward to it, I'll be there for sure. Where's everyone staying? Any hotel reccomendations for the St. Cloud area?
shooter115

Postby J.Schmitt on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:37 pm

For those who don't know, Del Tone Luth gun range has a camp ground with shower facilities and electrical hook ups.
Don't quote me but I think it was something like 12 dollars per night.

If I don't commute back and forth from home I will be in tent city with a cooler of brats and beer.

Jay
J.Schmitt

Postby shooter115 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:09 am

There's an idea. Might see if I can round up a camper for the weekend.
shooter115

Postby stompbox on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:44 am

We still have openings for the match. cost is $150 for adults and $75 for Juniors(under 18).
We have many tems for the prize table from Mossberg(2 shotguns), DPMS(2 Rifles), AP Customs, Vortex Optics, MGM Targets, TACCOM, XS Sights, R & R Targets, Brownells, Starline brass, Red Neck Tactical, we (Nordic Components) are donating 3 Benelli shotguns, plus many other items.
This will be a great opportunity for local shooters to get a chance to experience a large scale match right at home.

http://tacticalshotgunchampionship.com/
stompbox

Postby J.Schmitt on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Ok, camping is 10 dollars per night. This is where the 'debrief' will take place in the evening after the shooting.
J.Schmitt

Postby Dave Timm on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:37 pm

I'm really looking forward to this match. Can't wait to see the stages. Thanks Jay, Nordic and crew for making this happen!
Dave
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
Timm Arms Co.
Firearms and NFA Sales & Transfers, Gunsmith & Armorer Services
http://www.timmarms.com
Dave Timm

Postby tazdevil on Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:13 pm

J.Schmitt wrote:Ok, camping is 10 dollars per night. This is where the 'debrief' will take place in the evening after the shooting.

Is Jay donating the use of his camper for those that drive to the match and, umm, have too much "debriefing" take place?
:cheers:

Oh and not the current one at SCAPSA.
1911 Fan quote in memoirium about carrying:
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Location: over your shoulder, whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

Postby J.Schmitt on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:21 pm

Check out the rules for the match posted on the main MN3GunGroup.org site. Round count is approx. 300 2/3" 7.5,8,9,or 12 shot, 20 slugs and 25 00 Buckshot.

Get those aps in. 10 days out.

http://tacticalshotgunchampionship.com/
J.Schmitt

Postby shooter115 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:44 pm

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!! iaerhguapg iugadhrgpiun av gh iuaeihgaiu

Sorry that was me beating my head against my keyboard cause I can't go. I've been looking forward to this forever, sadly it's landing on the weekend we are closing on the sale of our current home and the purchase of our new house in the country. As much as it's killing me to miss it, we've been trying to sell our house for over 2 years so we can get a bigger place and somewhere more suitable to raise our son. That time is now so I have to roll with it. The blessing here is he now gets to grow up on a place with his own range in the backyard.

At least I get to borrow some of my gear to someone that is going, so in a small way I'll be there in part. But still..... DAMMIT, DAMMIT, DAMMIT!!!! Wish I could be there with you guys. Everytime I see a new post on this it feels like a kick in the balls.
Last edited by shooter115 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
shooter115

Postby Payne on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:41 am

Just to add to your feeling of getting "kicked in the balls" :twisted:

Hee Hee!

You will be missed.
Payne

Postby shooter115 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:14 am

Payne wrote:Just to add to your feeling of getting "kicked in the balls" :twisted:

Hee Hee!

You will be missed.

Oh that familliar lower abdominal pain again........ At least nobodies beating me with a stick :twisted:

Hee Hee!

Thanks Payne. I tried to come up with all sorts of ways to make it, but every one of them would have made me look like a major league a-hole and/or put a huge burdon on my wife.

For all the other MN 3-gunners out there, you're flat out crazy if you don't go to this match. It's going to be epic.
shooter115

Postby tazdevil on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:49 am

shooter115 wrote:
Payne wrote:Just to add to your feeling of getting "kicked in the balls" :twisted:

Hee Hee!

You will be missed.

Oh that familliar lower abdominal pain again........ At least nobodies beating me with a stick :twisted:

Hee Hee!

Thanks Payne. I tried to come up with all sorts of ways to make it, but every one of them would have made me look like a major league a-hole and/or put a huge burdon on my wife.

For all the other MN 3-gunners out there, you're flat out crazy if you don't go to this match. It's going to be epic.

You asked for it: :deadhorse:

My only concern with this match is trying to throw clays and then shoot them. Never tried that one before. Or was Tischauer(sic) doin a demonstration during the one last year that I saw on Youtube?
1911 Fan quote in memoirium about carrying:
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Location: over your shoulder, whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

Postby Payne on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:39 pm

You will be asked to throw charcoal briquettes and then shoot them. Much harder to do than it sounds. I will be practicing tonight.

Last year you started with nine rounds in the gun. You could throw up to two briquettes at a time, reload as needed. I think it was a 45 second par time. Hit as many as possible in that time alotment.
Payne

Postby deadarrow on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Just wondering....... If I decided last minute that I could make it up there... could I just show up saturday morning wjth $150.00 in hand?
deadarrow

Next

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs