Shooting range in Cottage Grove area?

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: Shooting range in Cottage Grove area?

Postby ammosponge on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:08 pm

ok, now that we've established where it WAS, is there someplace over this way to shoot?
ammosponge

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:53 pm

ammosponge wrote:ok, now that we've established where it WAS, is there someplace over this way to shoot?

Not anymore, at least not that I know of.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby TooTech on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:18 am

Definitely sounds like the 3M range. There are trap fields and skeet fields on the 3M Cottage Grove plant ground , and I believe there is a law-enforcement only pistol range on the grounds as well.The plant is located south on county 19 just south of where it intersects with highway 10/61 in Cottage Grove.
TooTech

Postby BemidjiDweller on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:13 am

TooTech wrote:Definitely sounds like the 3M range. There are trap fields and skeet fields on the 3M Cottage Grove plant ground , and I believe there is a law-enforcement only pistol range on the grounds as well.The plant is located south on county 19 just south of where it intersects with highway 10/61 in Cottage Grove.

It's not that range, that one still operates.

I don't think the range is any of the ones listed in this thread yet. There were no buildings on site and the shotgun part ran right along a road. I'll try and draw a map of the place and upload the image, see if that jogs any memories. The place was basically a row of shooting benches pointed at a 25yard berm with a shotgun field to the left. Nothing special, just a small thrower that someone brought.

Edit: Ignore my poor penmanship and drawing skills :oops:

BemidjiDweller

Postby Boombutton on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:08 am

Hideaway is still open but only to law enforment and a select few other agencies.. We shoot there all the time for work.
Boombutton

Postby Bluebear3669 on Thu May 12, 2016 11:15 pm

Cottage Grove no longer has any shooting range. The one you are thinking of was indeed the Hideaway but it has been closed for over 10 years. The gentleman that now owns it make it available for police, military and I believe licensed instructors only. It is no longer open to the public.

The other range you are thinking of at 3M is the Cottage Grove Police Department range, again NOT open to the public.

I use Bald Eagle Sportsman's Association up in Hugo off highway 61. About 30 minutes from CG. $15. for all day 2 or more guns. Range is managed by NRA Certified RSO and their safety program is the best around.

Hope this helps.
Bluebear3669

Postby Erud on Fri May 13, 2016 5:32 am

Bluebear3669 wrote:Cottage Grove no longer has any shooting range. The one you are thinking of was indeed the Hideaway but it has been closed for over 10 years. The gentleman that now owns it make it available for police, military and I believe licensed instructors only. It is no longer open to the public.

The other range you are thinking of at 3M is the Cottage Grove Police Department range, again NOT open to the public.

I use Bald Eagle Sportsman's Association up in Hugo off highway 61. About 30 minutes from CG. $15. for all day 2 or more guns. Range is managed by NRA Certified RSO and their safety program is the best around.

Hope this helps.

Ok, you've been lurking here for 2 years, and for your first post, you reply to a 4-year old thread started by a guy who hasn't even visited the site in over a year? :cogitating:
Erud

Previous

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs