GRRC tactical Rifle Match???

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Postby solidgun on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:42 pm

Where can I get additional info on this match?

Thank you.
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing personal opinion. —PROVERBS 18:2
solidgun

Re: GRRC tactical Rifle Match???

Postby rugersol on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:19 pm

"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby gyrfalcon on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:44 pm

Listed as Action Arms Tactical Rifle 2nd Match 0900 to 1700. Contact Steve Shimek for more info.
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby -=VILLY=- on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:43 pm

I've never attended these GRRC Tactical Rifle Matches before as I don't have a scoped rifle. Last I talked with Steve Shimek about the first one this year, it is geared more towards long range shooting and sniper scenarios, and the divisions were split between bolt and semi-auto rifles. You will need a scope as you'll be picking out targets amongst targets at a long distance. Best to contact Steve though as he might have something else in mind for this match.
"MIND OVER MATTER - If you don't MIND, then it don't MATTER."
-=VILLY=-

Postby Erud on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:06 pm

They are pretty fun matches. It's been a couple or 3 years since I shot them, but in the past it consisted of 3 precision rifle stages out to about 800 yards and 2 or 3 carbine stages with multiple targets and movement out to 200. Had a good time when I shot them.
Erud

Postby shooter115 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Sounds cool. Wish I would have heard about it a month ago.
shooter115

Postby JLATOLA on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:50 pm

If anyone hears more details about this match please share. Distances, stage movement, round count, etc. I have heard little about this match, but am interested in attending.

I haven't shot my rifle beyond 250, so it should be good fun trying to figure out dope beyond that on the clock!
JLATOLA

Postby engnerdan on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:12 am

JLATOLA wrote:If anyone hears more details about this match please share. Distances, stage movement, round count, etc. I have heard little about this match, but am interested in attending.

I haven't shot my rifle beyond 250, so it should be good fun trying to figure out dope beyond that on the clock!

The last I talked to Steve he said he runs something like 4-5 stages typically and anything out to 1000 yards. Typically 250-1000, these are long range precision rifle matches. There will be shooting from different positions and on props so stuff like shooting prone, shooting from a simulated roof top, shooting from under a vehicle, cold bore shots at a couple hundred yards, ect. I would assume it will be a very low round count on the order of 10-15 but I can not say for sure.

-Dan
Seismic Sam wrote:When it launches, the marketing will hit you in the face like the shrapnal from a methane explosion in a 3 holer outhouse!! :P :P :P
engnerdan

Postby JLATOLA on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:21 am

The last I talked to Steve he said he runs something like 4-5 stages typically and anything out to 1000 yards. Typically 250-1000, these are long range precision rifle matches. There will be shooting from different positions and on props so stuff like shooting prone, shooting from a simulated roof top, shooting from under a vehicle, cold bore shots at a couple hundred yards, ect. I would assume it will be a very low round count on the order of 10-15 but I can not say for sure.

-Dan

Thanks Dan. Do you need to run a bipod or are there rests/other supports for the long range stuff?

-Jake
JLATOLA

Postby engnerdan on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:27 am

You need to bring what ever you might need.

I bring
2-3 different bi-pods
shooting mat
rear bag/squeeze bag
range finder
smart phone with ballistics app
printed ballistics chart (if I have one)
sling
Seismic Sam wrote:When it launches, the marketing will hit you in the face like the shrapnal from a methane explosion in a 3 holer outhouse!! :P :P :P
engnerdan

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs