Apple Valley

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: Apple Valley

Postby ex-LT on Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:32 am

Minge wrote:I wanted to revive this old thread as I live in apple valley and want to join an outdoor club for pistol work. Dakota county gun club looks near impossible to get in so I am looking for the best place to go within 45 minutes of home.

Are you a veteran (or the son/daughter of a vet)? Post 435 Gun Club is accepting new applicants.

Post 435 Gun Club
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Minge on Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:40 pm

bensdad wrote:
bradgsxr wrote:Faribault is awesome, it is 50 minutes from my house in Burnsville, driveway to range, great place to shoot - if you need a sponsor let me know - Brad - Plus you can do up to 600 yards rifle which is hard to find around the cities -

I'm also a member. Can sponsor - as long as you're really cool and not better looking than me. Plus - seriously - you have to be an NRA member. I think the club gets some kind of insurance deal for this requirement.

I would love to check this place out any members planning to go in the next couple of weeks that can show us the ropes?
Minge

Postby westhope on Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:57 pm

FR&PC has IPSC starting Tuesday, May 13 and IDPA starting Wednesday, May 21. These would be good times to see the range.
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby bradgsxr on Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:35 pm

If you call and talk to Nancy, she will probably tell you to go on a match night for your " orientation " or basically a rundown of the rules and regs and you will get the grand tour then. I would be happy to show you around but they will still require you to do the " orientation ". I just went down on a weeknight that they were having a uspsa match ( at about the time they will be done as they won't stop the match for you but you can certainly watch until they are done ) and the club president gave me the tour and the rundown. Super nice people, very helpful and accommodating . The electronic gate is open on match nights, otherwise it is always closed.
bradgsxr

Postby Minge on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:32 am

ex-LT wrote:
Minge wrote:I wanted to revive this old thread as I live in apple valley and want to join an outdoor club for pistol work. Dakota county gun club looks near impossible to get in so I am looking for the best place to go within 45 minutes of home.

Are you a veteran (or the son/daughter of a vet)? Post 435 Gun Club is accepting new applicants.

Post 435 Gun Club

No I do not a vet and I do not have any kids, it is just my wife and I. This would be a great option if there were some flexibility on the membership.
Minge

Postby Josh189 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:19 pm

Anybody know how to see if you made the waiting list at Dakota County GC? I'm just wondering if I made it on or not.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Josh189

Postby Ghost on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:45 pm

Josh189 wrote:Anybody know how to see if you made the waiting list at Dakota County GC? I'm just wondering if I made it on or not.

I'd also like to know this.
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:15 am

They usually send you a letter letting you know your name came up. If I remember right they want you to respond and pay within a period of time if you are interested, so they can pass the opportunity to someone else if you fail to act.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:11 pm

yukonjasper wrote:They usually send you a letter letting you know your name came up. If I remember right they want you to respond and pay within a period of time if you are interested, so they can pass the opportunity to someone else if you fail to act.

This is if you've been accepted as a member isn't it? I'm just curious to know if I'm on the wait list.
Ghost

Postby Rodentman on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:20 pm

I sent the form in but didn't get any confirmation of being on the wait list. I didn't expect to, frankly. I am going to the Dakota County Fair next week and they have a booth there. I'll inquire.
Rodentman

Postby Erud on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:36 pm

It's a pretty mysterious process. Best thing to do is just forget all about ever sending your app in - that way you will be pleasantly surprised when you do eventually get a letter back.
Erud

Postby Rodentman on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:15 am

I inquired at the Dakota County Fair and was told that some of the first people who got on the waiting list this June will get in next year. After that, who knows. I asked if my application could become part of my will and didn't really get a direct answer, which I didn't expect.
Rodentman

Apple Valley

Postby Ron Burgundy on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:15 pm

I wonder if I need to re-send next June or if they'll hang on to mine from this June
Ron Burgundy

Postby goaliemn on Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:29 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:I wonder if I need to re-send next June or if they'll hang on to mine from this June

they hang onto them. I waited about 3 years to get in and only applied once.
http://www.mncarrytraining.com
Minnesota Carry Permit Instructor
Check my website for class schedule and fees.
goaliemn

Apple Valley

Postby Ron Burgundy on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:28 pm

Bump. Anyone get in?
Ron Burgundy

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs