Apple Valley

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: Apple Valley

Postby Erud on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:37 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:Bump. Anyone get in?


I dunno, but I got out, so there should be at least 1 spot open...
User avatar
Erud
 
Posts: 2121 [View]
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:31 am
Location: SE Metro

Apple Valley

Postby Ron Burgundy on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:44 pm

Erud wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:Bump. Anyone get in?


I dunno, but I got out, so there should be at least 1 spot open...

Why? I've never shot there but it sounds about perfect to me. Close, small and generally closed to the filthy public.
User avatar
Ron Burgundy
 
Posts: 981 [View]
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:28 pm

Re: Apple Valley

Postby Erud on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:13 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:
Erud wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:Bump. Anyone get in?


I dunno, but I got out, so there should be at least 1 spot open...

Why? I've never shot there but it sounds about perfect to me. Close, small and generally closed to the filthy public.


It's not a bad club and I've been a member for 10 years, but the facilities don't really suit my needs at this time. I haven't been there much in the last 5 years, and didn't go a single time in 2014. I haven't wanted to drop my membership due to the years-long wait list and the fact that it's 7 miles from my house, but this year they changed the rules so that a member in good standing can request a "withdrawal card" if voluntarily surrendering their slot. The card will let you get back in later without the wait list, so it's a win/win as far as I'm concerned. I have memberships at 2 other clubs that fit a lot better with what I'm trying to accomplish with my shooting.
User avatar
Erud
 
Posts: 2121 [View]
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:31 am
Location: SE Metro

Apple Valley

Postby Ron Burgundy on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:16 pm

Win-win for sure
User avatar
Ron Burgundy
 
Posts: 981 [View]
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:28 pm

Re: Apple Valley

Postby Ghost on Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:39 pm

I was down in the area looking for a good place to fly my drone and happened across it. Had never seen it before even though I sent in my application last year for the wait list. Still curious to know if they received it since I've not received anything from them.
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 7347 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: Apple Valley

Postby darthdahl on Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:00 pm

Just happened across this thread. For those interested, there is a great private range by Cabelas in Owatonna...The 20 Rifle & Pistol Club. Low fees (about $100 and no requirement for sponsorship or community service - just pay your money, receive your gate card and shoot). Really nice range and well worth the drive. Until this post, there is rarely anyone there when I go.

http://www.20riflepistolclub.org
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
All-Around Good Guy
darthdahl
 
Posts: 129 [View]
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: South Metro

Re: Apple Valley

Postby Ghost on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:59 pm

darthdahl wrote:Just happened across this thread. For those interested, there is a great private range by Cabelas in Owatonna...The 20 Rifle & Pistol Club. Low fees (about $100 and no requirement for sponsorship or community service - just pay your money, receive your gate card and shoot). Really nice range and well worth the drive. Until this post, there is rarely anyone there when I go.

http://www.20riflepistolclub.org

What's the 200 yard range like?
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 7347 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: Apple Valley

Postby Rodentman on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:33 pm

I've heard nothing from the Dakota Cty Club, but I plan to ask at the booth at the County Fair next week.
User avatar
Rodentman
 
Posts: 2681 [View]
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:22 am

Re: Apple Valley

Postby darthdahl on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:35 pm

Ghost wrote:
darthdahl wrote:Just happened across this thread. For those interested, there is a great private range by Cabelas in Owatonna...The 20 Rifle & Pistol Club. Low fees (about $100 and no requirement for sponsorship or community service - just pay your money, receive your gate card and shoot). Really nice range and well worth the drive. Until this post, there is rarely anyone there when I go.

http://www.20riflepistolclub.org


What's the 200 yard range like?


It is what you see in the picture on the main page. There are benches at 100 and 200...nice if there is ever anyone else at the other 100 yard benches (10-12 of them). The pistol and smallbore is 50 yards with berms and a few targets on each side (8-10 benches).
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
All-Around Good Guy
darthdahl
 
Posts: 129 [View]
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: South Metro

Re: Apple Valley

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:18 pm

Rodentman wrote:I've heard nothing from the Dakota Cty Club, but I plan to ask at the booth at the County Fair next week.

I received a nice letter from the club today letting me know my place on the waiting list. Time to stock up on ammo :)
User avatar
gun_fan111v2
 
Posts: 826 [View]
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:31 pm

Apple Valley

Postby Ron Burgundy on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:08 pm

gun_fan111v2 wrote:
Rodentman wrote:I've heard nothing from the Dakota Cty Club, but I plan to ask at the booth at the County Fair next week.

I received a nice letter from the club today letting me know my place on the waiting list. Time to stock up on ammo :)

What's your number?
User avatar
Ron Burgundy
 
Posts: 981 [View]
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:28 pm

Re: Apple Valley

Postby ttousi on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:49 pm

89
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.ifiapermittocarry.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor



"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
User avatar
ttousi
Moderator
 
Posts: 8197 [View]
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: St Paul

Apple Valley

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:45 am

I am ahead of Ttousi :)
User avatar
gun_fan111v2
 
Posts: 826 [View]
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:31 pm

Apple Valley

Postby Ron Burgundy on Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:04 am

Me too. But it's taken about 2 years to get there. I figure another 2 years yo go.
User avatar
Ron Burgundy
 
Posts: 981 [View]
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:28 pm

Re: Apple Valley

Postby Ghost on Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:00 am

I'll have to check the mail, I haven't seen anything from them. I must be way down the list :cry:
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 7347 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron