OGC Questions

Local shooting clubs and leagues

OGC Questions

Postby Spinner on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:46 pm

You could join FLSC. No waiting list. 400yd range.

Spinner
Spinner

Re: OGC Questions

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:50 pm

Spinner wrote:You could join FLSC. No waiting list. 400yd range.

Spinner

May I ask what this is and where it is located? The 400yd range interests me greatly.

Thanks
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:57 pm

Mn01r6 wrote:
xd9 wrote:Congrats. You probably got my spot. I had to drop out :-( Maybe again in a few years.

Sadly I am probably moving to the West Metro and if that happens I will drop my membership at the end of this year...

Depending on how far west you are moving Rainbow Sportsmens Club might be of interest to you. We have rifle ranges up to 300 yds pistol, Trap, Skeet , Archery Ranges, camping amd a nice club house we can rent for $50.

When it warms up I would be happy to take you out and shoot. It is located in Cokato and I believe membership is still $45 yr or three years for $125. The prices may have changed but I am not certain as of right now.
NRA RSO

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Mn01r6 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:14 pm

I live 5 minutes from OGC right now. I will be very sad looking for a new range. There doesn't seem to be anything near 494 in the west metro, which is where I will probably be moving. The wife has a second interview and if she gets that job, she will be working close to 169 and Excelsior. I work in Maple Grove - soon to be Brooklyn Park.
Mn01r6

Postby xd ED on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:36 am

BigDog58 wrote:

Spinner

May I ask what this is and where it is located? The 400yd range interests me greatly.

Thanks

Forest Lake Sportsmen's Club

Map

Not a member myself, but it sounds like a well run, interesting place.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby hal on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:16 pm

cgrant26 wrote:I put mine in last year around Dec and just got the invitation last week. Looking forward to being a member. :mrgreen:

You must have an in....I wonder how their list really works. I submitted an application last November and I did not get an invite. I was told I was 519 on the list. I did get an Invite for Elk RIver Sportsman Club. I am equal distant to both clubs and Elk River is nice, so I will accept their invitation.
hal

Postby bummey on Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:07 pm

cgrant26 wrote:I put mine in last year around Dec and just got the invitation last week. Looking forward to being a member. :mrgreen:

Mine showed up today, too. I look forward to having a(n outdoors and affordable) place to shoot in this new city. I'm glad the website's quote of two to three years didn't pan out. :)

Now to wait 9-12 months for my sbr paperwork to come back...
bummey

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:52 pm

xd ED wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:

Spinner

Thanks

Forest Lake Sportsmen's Club

Map

Not a member myself, but it sounds like a well run, interesting place.

Thanks, I've met a couple board members for Forest Lake and it sounds good. Umfortunately it too, is a long way from Edina. I guess I'm going to have to be content with 300 for now.

Also, I just received my invite to join OGC and will be attending orientation in March. I look forward to shooting there, especially in the colder months
NRA RSO

BigDog58

Postby Series 70 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:58 pm

I will likewise be a new OGC member, going to orientation next weekend.
Series 70

Postby jonahk on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:23 pm

I got my notice yesterday, and am very excited to become a member. I put in a lot of time last year helping out with the USPSA matches, and I look forward to be even more involved this year.

I signed up for orientation on the 23rd as well. Can anyone share their experience with the RSO course?
A75146
jonahk

Postby Rodentman on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:54 pm

I also got my invite! I usually don't join any club that would accept me as a member but in this case I am anxious to be a part of this group!

I will be there for orientation 2-23 pending notification from OGC.

It sounds like great fun!! Now I can have something to do on my vacation days!
Rodentman

Postby Snofish on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:59 am

I received an invitation also!!

My two young sons (8 and 11) were laughing at me when I read the email, stood up from my chair, raised my arms in a "V" and shouted "YESSS!!!"
I am extremely excited to actively participate in the club and have a safe environment for me to introduce my boys to firearms!

I hope I am reading it wrong but I am somewhat nervous about the math in the email. It states that over 200 invitations were sent out and there are 3 orientation meetings with a limit of 55 each session.(?)

My first choice for orientation is the 23rd, I sure hope I get a confirmation email after the 15th so I can have another "YESS!!!" moment! :rock:
Snofish

Postby ttousi on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:51 am

I hope I am reading it wrong but I am somewhat nervous about the math in the email. It states that over 200 invitations were sent out and there are 3 orientation meetings with a limit of 55 each session.(?)

Not everyone accepts the invitations and the max room capacity is 68
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby wrench on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:28 am

Hey-an early 'Welcome' to all you new Oakdale members, congratulations! :cheerleader2:
See you on the firing line. :welcome:
Remember, gun control is not about guns, it's about control.
wrench

Postby Rodentman on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:46 pm

I am confirmed for the class on 23-Feb! Now I have to retire so I'll have time to shoot more!!
Rodentman

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs