2014 "4th Annual" Nordic Comp Tactical Shotgun Championship

Local shooting clubs and leagues

2014 "4th Annual" Nordic Comp Tactical Shotgun Championship

Postby -=VILLY=- on Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Nordic Components and the Minnesota 3-Gun Group (Facebook) are pleased to announce the 4th Annual Tactical Shotgun Championship (Facebook) to be held on June 28th-29th, 2014. We will again have 14 fun and challenging stages with a high round count that will make feel your shotgun heat up. The same wonderful and generous sponsors that provided for our great prize table are once again in line to do so, and we are working to add even more.

This match will be held at the Forest Lake Sportsmen’s Club in the beautiful Forest Lake in the outskirts of the Minneapolis/St Paul Metro Area. The club offers a spacious shooting area spread over 100 acres of land. The area features numerous hotels and venues as well as numerous attractions.

Registrations will open in January. Slots will be limited. Last year, we reached our max and had over 2 dozen people on the waiting list. The match website will soon be updated to provide more match info. Contacts for the match will be Jay at jay@mn3gungroup.org and Jomar at jomar.mn3gg@gmail.com.
Last edited by -=VILLY=- on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"MIND OVER MATTER - If you don't MIND, then it don't MATTER."
-=VILLY=-

Re: 2014 "4th Annual" Nordic Components Tactical Shotgun Champio

Postby westberg on Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:19 pm

I can't wait for this one!!!
westberg

Postby J.Schmitt on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:09 pm

Bad news Ron, this one is gonna be a long wait with a long winter ahead. Just preparing you.

And thanks for stepping up and on board with this.

Jay
J.Schmitt

Postby shooter115 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:24 pm

Count me in agian. This match will be even more awesome at FLSC.
shooter115

Postby westberg on Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:00 am

J.Schmitt wrote:Bad news Ron, this one is gonna be a long wait with a long winter ahead. Just preparing you.

And thanks for stepping up and on board with this.

Jay

I know Jay but I'm already thinking about the club logistics to help you guys put on the best match to date and great experience for the shooters. I can also use this winter for prop building once you guys have a idea for stages..... Plus I need to find time to practice.
westberg

Re: 2014 "4th Annual" Nordic Comp Tactical Shotgun Championship

Postby Payne on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:54 am

Ron,

After last years Nordic Shotgun Match I heard back from some of the best shooters in the world. They all stated that your tube targets were the best shotgun targets they had seen to date. Good job on those. You might want to get a bunch more if possible.
Payne

Postby -=VILLY=- on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:46 am

Payne wrote:Ron,

After last years Nordic Shotgun Match I heard back from some of the best shooters in the world. They all stated that your tube targets were the best shotgun targets they had seen to date. Good job on those. You might want to get a bunch more if possible.

Agreed.
-=VILLY=-

Postby tazdevil on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:19 pm

So will this allow for some slugs and /or buckshots to be used this time?

Maybe even a small tannerite target?
1911 Fan quote in memoirium about carrying:
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Location: over your shoulder, whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

Postby jonahk on Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:18 pm

Already on my calendar, including days beforehand to help out. Count me in for setup/prop-building/etc

Can't wait. Is it June yet?
A75146
jonahk

Postby westberg on Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:31 pm

Payne wrote:Ron,

Already working on that, we will have a lots of them available.

If the MN3Gun group wants to include slugs that's up to them and we can do it. The club restricts shot size to no larger then 7.5 and no tannerite. After saying this we could bring to the Board limited area and non-aerial targets for larger shot size but again this will be up to MN3Gun group.
westberg

Postby J.Schmitt on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:35 pm

We will discuss much as we progress forward. We would like to shoot some slugs and some 00. If we don;t it won't be the end of the world. As was seen last year slugs and 00 don;t make a match. I can tell you Minnesota shooters that one of our primary goals is to put on the best damn shotgun match in the nation.

Jay
J.Schmitt

Postby tazdevil on Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:14 pm

J.Schmitt wrote:We will discuss much as we progress forward. We would like to shoot some slugs and some 00. If we don;t it won't be the end of the world. As was seen last year slugs and 00 don;t make a match. I can tell you Minnesota shooters that one of our primary goals is to put on the best damn shotgun match in the nation.

Jay

In my Amateur opinion, you guys already do. Everyone in my squad commented on having the R/O's stay in the same spot was a great idea too.
1911 Fan quote in memoirium about carrying:
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Location: over your shoulder, whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

Postby -=VILLY=- on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:29 pm

Happy New Year to everyone!

We have gotten a lot of inquiries as to when the registration will be opening up for the 4th Annual Nordic Components Tactical Shotgun Match. Last year’s match filled up and to maintain the same quality match (and generous prize table), we will keep the match size the same for this year. That will mean that this match will surely fill up again.

We want to thank all of you who have participated in our match these past years and helped us make this event the premier tactical shotgun match. To show our appreciation, we have decided that registration for this year’s match will be done in two rounds.

The 1st round of registrations will open up on January 18th and WILL ONLY be for those who participated in our match IN BOTH the past two years (2012 and 2013). This 1st round of registration will only be open for 2 weeks and will end on January 31st. The 1st round registrations forms will be posted on the forums and emailed to the distribution list on the evening hours of January 17th. All 1st round registrations must be postmarked between January 18th and January 31st.

The 2nd round of registrations will open up on February 1st and will be for everyone. The 2nd round registration forms (different from the 1st round) will be posted on the forums and emailed to the distribution list on the evening hours of January 31st. All 2nd round registrations must be postmarked on February 1st or later. Once the match fills, a waiting list will be started and that order will also be based on the postmark date.

All registrations will be placed in the order of the date they were postmarked. There will not be any need for special shipping such as next day or expedited services. Any 2nd round registrations with a postmark earlier than February 1st will be placed accordingly with the number of days it was sent ahead (i.e. if it was sent 1 day early, it will be placed in the end of the February 2nd postmarked batch).

We are excited for this match and we have a lot of things planned. We have all the intentions of keeping the reputation of this match as the premier tactical shotgun match.
-=VILLY=-

Postby shooter115 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:00 pm

I'll have mine ready to go Feb 1st then, since I was unable to attend in 2012. Looking forward to the 2014 match.
shooter115

Postby jonahk on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:12 pm

Whoops - I need to read a bit more slowly next time. Bummed I'm in the 2nd group after attending last year.
Last edited by jonahk on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A75146
jonahk

Next

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs