Indoor 50 yd Range?

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Indoor 50 yd Range?

Postby Hoot on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:03 pm

I am in need of some time at an indoor shooting range with a 50 yd lane and a decent table that will accommodate a BR setup in order to do some tuner work on my 22, while vetting high end ammo lots for next year's Rimfire League. I toyed with the idea of buying a decent ground blind and setting it up over top of one of the outdoor rifle range tables at my local club, then heating it and lighting it, but I would still be at the mercy of scheduling on days with no wind. Not sure what impact shooting through frigid air will have upon a rimfire bullet's behavior, even though the ammo and rifle would be kept warm. That's enough variables to make scheduling time at an indoor range probably more realistic. I expect to need 3-4 sessions to complete my work.

Are there any public ranges I can rent time at, which meet my needs, in the metro area? I'd prefer one that allows scheduling by appointment to enable me to set up vacation days in advance and avoid crowded times such as on the weekends.

Thanks,

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Ivan45 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:11 am

Bill's Circle Pines, however no scheduling.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
Ivan45

Re:

Postby Hoot on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:49 am

Ivan45 wrote:Bill's Circle Pines, however no scheduling.

Thanks Ivan. I work 10 minutes from Bill's in Robbinsdale. Do you know if they have one also? In all the years I've lived here and worked near them, I've never been to their range.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Re:

Postby xd ED on Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:00 am

Hoot wrote:
Ivan45 wrote:Bill's Circle Pines, however no scheduling.

Thanks Ivan. I work 10 minutes from Bill's in Robbinsdale. Do you know if they have one also? In all the years I've lived here and worked near them, I've never been to their range.

Hoot

I got curious -
From BGS website:

Range:
Bill’s in Robbinsdale has a total of 22 lanes, and a has a 25 yard, lockable secluded bay that contains 6 pistol/ rifle lanes with a retrievable target system, low-light, and barrier shooting capabilities. Eye & ear protection, and targets are available.

Bill’s in Circle Pines has a total of 16 lanes, and a has a 50 yard, lockable secluded bay that contains 8 pistol/ rifle lanes with a retrievable target system, low-light, and barrier shooting capabilities. Eye & ear protection, and targets are available.

Bill's in Hudson has a total of 24 lanes, and a 25 yard, secluded bay that contains 12 pistol/ rifle lanes with a retrievable target system, low-light, and barrier shooting capabilities. In addition, Hudson has a 7 yard, 3 lane secluded bay with a retrievable target system, low-light, and barrier shooting capabilities. Eye & ear protection, and targets are available.

Any chance you could get access to a large(long), abandoned/ unoccupied building?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Re: Indoor 50 yd Range?

Postby SkyRock on Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:03 pm

Burnsville Pistol Range has a 50 yard rifle bay, with tables. It may be a longer drive for you, but it may be worth it.
SkyRock

Postby Hoot on Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:53 am

SkyRock wrote:Burnsville Pistol Range has a 50 yard rifle bay, with tables. It may be a longer drive for you, but it may be worth it.

Thanks, it's a much shorter drive to Burnsville from my house and I used to shoot there regularly, albeit 20+ years ago. There was a group of us from Control Data that were pretty regular there. I didn't remember whether they had 50 yd capacity or not. Looks like I need to give them a call and get their advice as to when is the best time to go for a good chance at that rifle bay.

Hoot
Hoot

Postby SkyRock on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:08 am

You'll find much has changed in the last 20 years! It still has the same two 25 yd bays you saw (rebuilt since they had a major fire last year), and Roger (the owner - you went there during the "Chuck and Walt" days??) added a third 50 yd rifle bay. We hold indoor matches there twice a month, but only in the 25 yd bays.
SkyRock

Postby Imsohungry on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:27 pm

What's the cheapest range around Carver?

Closest one to me is South Metro, you only get 1 hour for $16 though.
Imsohungry

Indoor 50 yd Range?

Postby jshuberg on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:36 pm

Isn't Burnsville actually 46 yards or something?
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby ex-LT on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:10 pm

jshuberg wrote:Isn't Burnsville actually 46 yards or something?

According to their website, yes.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs