OGC USPSA Starts Thursday May 8? Can't find calendar.

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: OGC USPSA Starts Thursday May 8? Can't find calendar.

Postby Cpwest on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:21 am

Thanks!
Cpwest

Postby SkyRock on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:21 am

Cpwest wrote:Any update on this? I am looking to get into some competition stuff and Oakdale is one of the closer locations.

You bet.

The season is starting on May 8th with an Orientation match. It'll be geared toward newcomers, or folks with little experience (but all are welcome!). We'll just have one short "demo" stage on the Comp range, with some "lecture/demos" before.

Starts at 5 PM (setup at 4).
SkyRock

Postby andrewP on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:54 am

Awesome news. I'll most likely be there at 4 PM on the 8th, even though I'm not new. Can't hurt to get out and shoot, even if it is only 1 stage. :)
andrewP

Postby Snofish on Wed May 07, 2014 6:07 am

The season is starting on May 8th with an Orientation match. It'll be geared toward newcomers, or folks with little experience (but all are welcome!). We'll just have one short "demo" stage on the Comp range, with some "lecture/demos" before.

Starts at 5 PM (setup at 4).

Rain and thunderstorms are in the forecast for Thursday. I have read on the website that there will be shooting in the rain but I am curious if there is a plan B for orientation if the weather is too bad.

Is there an email/text list for cancellations/ updates / info ?

Being a noob to USPSA I have a lot of questions and would benefit greatly from "lecture/demos" before being thrown at the wolves on the 15th...

Thanks in advance-
Snofish

OGC USPSA Starts Thursday May 8? Can't find calendar.

Postby plblark on Wed May 07, 2014 7:27 am

I don't know sky rocks plans but OGC has a classroom as well as covered firing points on all the ranges which could be used for shelter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby SkyRock on Wed May 07, 2014 8:03 am

XD-GRIF and I are running the Orientation from the Comp range, not the classroom. We came on board too late to reserve the classroom.

The Comp range has a covered shooting line which we'll use for the "lecture" part.

Remember, all USPSA matches at OGC shoot in all weather...except sever thunderstorms. Rain is no excuse for not showing up! :D
SkyRock

Postby andrewP on Wed May 07, 2014 7:49 pm

Snofish wrote:thrown at the wolves on the 15th...

Eh, I wouldn't worry about that; the "wolves" are all very friendly. I'm not saying you (or anybody else) wouldn't benefit from a bit of demo and lecture beforehand, but there's no need to worry about being thrown to the wolves. :)
andrewP

Postby jgalt on Wed May 07, 2014 8:10 pm

SkyRock wrote:Remember, all USPSA matches at OGC shoot in all weather...except sever thunderstorms. Rain is no excuse for not showing up! :D

Tomorrow's weather report, via weather.com:

Scattered thunderstorms in the morning, then mainly cloudy during the afternoon with thunderstorms likely. A few storms may be severe. High 79F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph

8-)
jgalt

Postby SkyRock on Wed May 07, 2014 9:01 pm

jgalt wrote:
SkyRock wrote:Remember, all USPSA matches at OGC shoot in all weather...except sever thunderstorms. Rain is no excuse for not showing up! :D

Tomorrow's weather report, via weather.com:

Scattered thunderstorms in the morning, then mainly cloudy during the afternoon with thunderstorms likely. A few storms may be severe. High 79F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph

8-)

So, you'll be there? :twisted:
SkyRock

Postby andrewP on Thu May 08, 2014 8:25 pm

For those who didn't make it today, it was more than a little bit drippy out there, but it let up for long enough for us to shoot, and as far as I could tell, a good time was had by all. Thanks again to those who took over for Tim - it means a lot to the rest of us that we still get to come out and "play." :)
andrewP

Postby SkyRock on Fri May 09, 2014 7:34 am

Yeah, it was a gully-washer for a while, but it let up to almost nothing and we still had a short one-stage match. Everyone enjoyed it, and the rain didn't dampen our spirits! :roll: :D
SkyRock

Postby Mn01r6 on Fri May 09, 2014 7:41 am

I showed up late...in a suit...and got made fun of for it. But at least I got to sell my mag pouches to wrench. Hopefully we will see more of her at the Thursday matches!
Mn01r6

Postby wrench on Fri May 09, 2014 8:27 am

I have to come back, I've got mag pouches now! 8-)
Remember, gun control is not about guns, it's about control.
wrench

Postby gunsmith on Wed May 14, 2014 3:58 am

As I recall, the Fee for Thursday Nights at Oakdale is $15. If you show up early for set up it's $5 off / Stay for clean up $5 off / if you're over 60 another $5 off....ok just kidding on that one.

This Thursday is night #1 Forecast 51 degrees partly to mostly cloudy chance of showers.

gunsmith

Postby andrewP on Wed May 14, 2014 8:28 am

gunsmith wrote:As I recall, the Fee for Thursday Nights at Oakdale is $15. If you show up early for set up it's $5 off / Stay for clean up $5 off / if you're over 60 another $5 off....ok just kidding on that one.

This Thursday is night #1 Forecast 51 degrees partly to mostly cloudy chance of showers.

Your memory has not failed you. If you help set up and/or tear down, it's downright cheap; gas to get there and ammo will cost you a lot more than the entry fee, so c'mon out and have some fun with us!
andrewP

Previous

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs