OGC USPSA Starts Thursday May 8? Can't find calendar.

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Postby gunsmith on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:29 am

Just looked for USPSA calendar at the OGC and local USPSA websites plus this forums calendar. Any link to info?
Last edited by gunsmith on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gunsmith

Re: OGC USPSA Starts Thursday May 8? Can't find caledar.

Postby jgalt on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:49 am

For some reason I cannot fathom, the OGC calendar is only available for OGC members ( :roll: ), but the matches are listed there.

You can always check out the community calendar - they are listed there as well, but that listing is not updated by the person / people from OGC in charge of the match, so I'd definitely wait for someone to confirm whether or not they are happening before showing up on 5/8...
jgalt

Postby xd ED on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:27 am

http://9x23.net

https://www.calendar.yahoo.com/mnsection

http://www.mnuspsa.org/clubs.html

Maybe these links will help.

I'll PM a couple of guys' contact info.

I don't see anything USPSA posted for OGC on any calendars supported by the shooting clubs/ orgs….
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby MNGunGuy on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:15 am

I heard yesterday after the tac shotgun match that the person who organizes and runs the Thursday night league at OGC had a work schedule change and can no longer do it. I was given the impression it's not happening unless someone else steps up and takes over.
MNGunGuy

Postby gunsmith on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:38 am

MNGunGuy wrote:I heard yesterday after the tac shotgun match that the person who organizes and runs the Thursday night league at OGC had a work schedule change and can no longer do it. I was given the impression it's not happening unless someone else steps up and takes over.

Mmmmm.... It's really well (over) attended. I'm sure someone will take over. I'm considering showing up for set up this year as it places me on 94 just before evening rush starts.
gunsmith

Postby SkyRock on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:24 pm

MNGunGuy wrote:I heard yesterday after the tac shotgun match that the person who organizes and runs the Thursday night league at OGC had a work schedule change and can no longer do it. I was given the impression it's not happening unless someone else steps up and takes over.

Workin' on it... Stay tuned...
SkyRock

Postby Mn01r6 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:33 pm

SkyRock wrote:

That sure would be swell if you could help out Mike. I can only imagine shooting outdoors with stages designed with the same imaginative touch as the BPR winter stages. :o
Mn01r6

Postby SkyRock on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:37 pm

Mn01r6 wrote:
SkyRock wrote:

That sure would be swell if you could help out Mike. I can only imagine shooting outdoors with stages designed with the same imaginative touch as the BPR winter stages. :o

Yeah, but I'd have to follow the rules, and I hate that! :cry: :roll:
SkyRock

Re: OGC USPSA Starts Thursday May 8? Can't find calendar.

Postby gunsmith on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:24 am

I'm guessing that the one guy who takes on the responsibility of heading this up gets routinely overwhelmed with the work of it....resulting in family and leisure time being unfairly crimped. What if 3 guys were leading the effort? This year on nights I shoot I will show up early for set up, saving 45 minutes on Freeway traffic that I can spend on set up.

I'm surprised at how well attended this is....there's got to be enough rank and file energy to make this work smoothly.
gunsmith

Postby SkyRock on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:13 pm

Stay tuned. To quote DiNozzo, "Workin' on it." 8-) :roll:
SkyRock

Postby plblark on Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:16 am

Thanks!
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby andrewP on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:13 am

There is definitely a core group of people who always help with setup & teardown, so I think the main thing would be the administrative and stage design stuff. Hopefully somebody can fill the void. (I don't think I'm qualified, as I imagine it would need to be somebody who's a member at OGC, which I'm not.)
andrewP

Postby jgalt on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:20 am

Unless the current crop on the Board cares for some reason, there is nothing that requires all admin work to be done by a member. A member will definitely need to be involved as the "official" leader of the group, but one or more non-members should be able to be be "unofficial" leaders as well who do the "day-to-day" work - so long as the member shows up for the planning meetings and is the one actually responsible to the club...
jgalt

Postby Cpwest on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:10 am

Any update on this? I am looking to get into some competition stuff and Oakdale is one of the closer locations.
Cpwest

Postby Mn01r6 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:16 am

Cpwest wrote:Any update on this? I am looking to get into some competition stuff and Oakdale is one of the closer locations.

An email was sent out. Two OGC members will be co-organizing. A sincere thank you to both of them!

Thursday 8 May is orientation for new shooters. Then 15 May will be the start of matches.

I highly recommend everyone email MNShootSchedule@gmail.com and ask to be added to the distribution list. You can also open the calendar Jomar maintains here: https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?s ... ca/Chicago
Mn01r6

Next

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs