Pine Island 3-Gun Match on May 18th

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Pine Island 3-Gun Match on May 18th

Postby -=VILLY=- on Mon May 05, 2014 5:39 pm

Pine Island White Pines Sportmans Club is having their first of three 3-gun matches for 2014 on May 19th. 5 courses of fire, 100 rounds minium for each gun plus 10 slugs recommended. $25 match fee.

Set-up will begin the day before at noon for those interested in helping. Final set-up will begin at 8:30AM the day of. Shooters' Meeting at 10:15AM. Match starts at 10:30AM. Match contact is Greg at greg.bestland@gmail.com.
"MIND OVER MATTER - If you don't MIND, then it don't MATTER."
-=VILLY=-

Re: Pine Island 3-Gun Match on May 18th

Postby Bessy on Wed May 14, 2014 1:02 pm

Thought I would post an update. Finished stages last night. NYC themed.

Stages are named the following.

1. NYC legal 3-gun.
2. Midtown madness
3. Harlem Shake
4. Bloombergs bandits
5. Illegal Soda.

Should be an excellent match, weather looks just about perfect. Break out the sunscreen, and cart, and have a great time.

I hope to see you all this weekend

~Greg
In Soviet Russia program executes you!
Bessy

Postby Payne on Thu May 15, 2014 7:31 am

Greg,

I was hoping to break away and make it to this match. I haven't been to this range before.

Do you have an extimate of distance for longest rifle, pistol, and slug shots. Having never seen the range other than in photos I have no idea what to be prepared for. I was going to bring my cart, will that work for getting around?
Payne

Postby Bessy on Thu May 15, 2014 8:46 am

Payne wrote:Greg,

I was hoping to break away and make it to this match. I haven't been to this range before.

Do you have an extimate of distance for longest rifle, pistol, and slug shots. Having never seen the range other than in photos I have no idea what to be prepared for. I was going to bring my cart, will that work for getting around?

Our rifle range is only 200 yards. For what I have planned we will be shooting out to about 120-150 for rifle, so nothing crazy long. The slugs will be around 80-70 yards or so. We will have a few pistol shots in the 25-40 yard range, this time, but everything else is usually typical uspsa distances (under 25 yards). A cart will work fine for getting around. Everything on our range is VERY close together, no real long walks.

~Thanks
Greg
Bessy

Postby CarRacer on Thu May 15, 2014 6:51 pm

I think you'll be in for a pleasant surprise. In my eyes, Pine Island is one of the nicest ranges that hosts matches. It's a great place to shoot.
CarRacer

Postby Payne on Fri May 16, 2014 5:32 am

I am looking forward to this match. It looks like the MN3GunGroup will be testing the new Practiscore equipment supplied by Clinton Gertner. That will be cool. Weather is suppose to be nice.

For those shooters in the area, I would like to have breakfast prior to the match. Any good restaurants in the area or should I just stop in Cannon Falls on the way down.
Payne

Postby -=VILLY=- on Fri May 16, 2014 8:12 am

MN3GG will be assisting Pine Island with the scoring of this match. We will be running a dual scoring system with our old and proven scoring system being the primary. We are very confident of our new Practiscore system, but to make sure, it will serve as secondary for now until we get to know the system very well.

Greg and the Pine Island crew puts on very good matches. I'm so looking forward to this match that my gear and ammo has been packed and ready to go since last weekend.
-=VILLY=-

Postby Bessy on Fri May 16, 2014 8:44 am

Jomar,

I didn't realize you guys were doing electronic scoring for this match. We actually have 10 nooks setup with an ipad and practi-score and have been using them on weds nights for scoring... I was looking into this, but with everything else I have going on I didn't have time to sit down and figure out if the time+ stuff would work for us. This is great news. I can't wait to see how it all works.
Bessy

Postby -=VILLY=- on Fri May 16, 2014 8:47 am

Perfect! We could learn the system together.
-=VILLY=-

Postby Bessy on Fri May 16, 2014 8:48 am

Payne wrote:I am looking forward to this match. It looks like the MN3GunGroup will be testing the new Practiscore equipment supplied by Clinton Gertner. That will be cool. Weather is suppose to be nice.

For those shooters in the area, I would like to have breakfast prior to the match. Any good restaurants in the area or should I just stop in Cannon Falls on the way down.

I can't really recommend a good breakfast place on the way down. If you are hungry after the match. Uncle jons bar and grill has some really good food, and it's run by Jon Galde's brother in law.
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/269/1203240 ... -Rochester

If that's to far out of the way, TIlly's also has some good food, and it's a little closer.
Bessy

Postby -=VILLY=- on Mon May 19, 2014 5:54 pm

The results for the Pine Island 3-Gun Match are up on the MN3GG website… http://www.mn3gungroup.org/?page_id=744.

I apologize for the delay in getting this out and for the current format it is posted. The Practiscore system performed very well, but a technical issue on my side is preventing me from uploading the results to the Practiscore website.

I want to thank Greg Bestland and the Pine Island crew for a great match yesterday. All the stages were fun and challenging. As much I would like to take credit for the design of Stage 4 (which a lot of folks seem to think it was my kind of stage design), I’ll throw Greg under the bus on that one. I’m glad to have someone else come up with a thinker’s stage that everyone loves to hate.

I know there are a few gripes out there about the long day and some inconsistency on some judgement calls made. There were some safety concerns with gun abandonment which will be addressed very soon. All these issues are something that we and Greg will work on together to make 3-gun matches consistent between MN3GG and Pine Island. It is the goal of both clubs to provide a fun, fair, and safe 3-gun match to all of you.
-=VILLY=-

Postby jonahk on Mon May 19, 2014 9:42 pm

Bessy wrote:Thought I would post an update. Finished stages last night. NYC themed.

Stages are named the following.

1. NYC legal 3-gun.
2. Midtown madness
3. Harlem Shake
4. Bloombergs bandits
5. Illegal Soda.

Should be an excellent match, weather looks just about perfect. Break out the sunscreen, and cart, and have a great time.

I hope to see you all this weekend

~Greg

I remember which stage was Illegal Soda (great name/stage concept btw) and NYC legal 3-gun, but does anyone remember which stages were midtown, harlem, and Bloomberg?

Thanks!
A75146
jonahk

Postby -=villamor=- on Mon May 19, 2014 10:00 pm

The technical issue has been resolved. The results has been uploaded to Practiscore and the link to it on the MN3GG website has been updated... http://www.mn3gungroup.org/?page_id=744.
-=villamor=-

Postby CarRacer on Tue May 20, 2014 5:47 am

Thanks for getting the scoring up Jomar.

I believe Bloomberg bandits was 2, Harlem shake was 3, and that leaves midtown for 5?
CarRacer

Postby Payne on Tue May 20, 2014 9:04 am

Thanks to the PIPS Crew for setting up and putting on the match. Thanks to the large amount of shooters that showed up, I know Squad #5 had a good number of new or newer 3-gun shooters. They were an awesome squad that worked hard and reset and I hope they all had a good time.

I didn't get a chance to look at the devices used for the Practiscore but everyone said they were really a good deal. Thanks to Clint for that.

Other than a few minor changes that could be made in the interest in conserving a little time this was a great match. Some very difficult shooting challenges were good training for the upcoming Midwest 3-gun Match in Missouri.

For a brief (and hopefully fairly accurate) rundown of the stages that were shot, go to either the Concealed Defense LLC facebook page, or my personal FB page. Feel free to "Like" the page, I don't know why people do that but my wife tells me that I should have people like it. Whatever that means.
Payne

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs