Oakdale Thursday USPSA League

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Postby XD-GRIF on Fri May 16, 2014 1:23 pm

I hope everyone had a good time at the first match of the season. Maybe at some point this year we won't have to wear jackets and gloves to shoot "summer " league :D . I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone that helps out with the matches. If it wasn't for all the help we wouldn't have any matches. Feel free to use this thread to post any comments, suggestions, gripes, ect. about the Thursday matches.
Oakdale USPSA Match Co-Director
XD-GRIF

Postby Ron Burgundy on Fri May 16, 2014 1:43 pm

I have a gripe -- I couldn't go on Thursday!

Seriously, thank you and Mike for stepping up to run things (and for your work last year, too).
Ron Burgundy

Re: Oakdale Thursday USPSA League

Postby Mn01r6 on Fri May 16, 2014 2:23 pm

Huge thanks to you and SkyRock, Grif. It was a lot if fun other than the mics and the cold.
Mn01r6

Postby jonahk on Fri May 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Good turnout for a chilly evening yesterday. Glad to see a lot of new faces!

Again - really appreciate Mike and Joe taking this back over. It's a great weekday match for us Downtowners.
A75146
jonahk

Postby Snofish on Fri May 16, 2014 10:38 pm

jonahk wrote:Good turnout for a chilly evening yesterday. Glad to see a lot of new faces!

Again - really appreciate Mike and Joe taking this back over. It's a great weekday match for us Downtowners.

I was one of those new faces (The guy who spells his name wrong-- with an "A").

I was actually somewhat relieved it was cold because as a rookie and shivering from nervousness/anxiety I blended in well with the others who were just cold! ;) :o

Seems like a great group of guys! I am definitely looking forward to meeting more like minded people and getting some well needed pointers! - For example: how to remember to change magazines prior to slide lock before the stage is complete... :oops:

Seriously though- Many thanks to Mike, Joe and all the others for their effort in putting this together.
Snofish

Postby Mn01r6 on Fri May 16, 2014 11:12 pm

Snofish wrote:
jonahk wrote:Good turnout for a chilly evening yesterday. Glad to see a lot of new faces!

I was one of those new faces (The guy who spells his name wrong-- with an "A").

I was actually somewhat relieved it was cold because as a rookie and shivering from nervousness/anxiety I blended in well with the others who were just cold! ;) :o

Seems like a great group of guys! I am definitely looking forward to meeting more like minded people and getting some well needed pointers! - For example: how to remember to change magazines prior to slide lock before the stage is complete... :oops:

Seriously though- Many thanks to Mike, Joe and all the others for their effort in putting this together.

When you are moving, odds are you should be reloading. It was great to shoot with you and I was very impressed with your abilities. You beat me...(my 20 penalty points on speed demons will do that) but I am going to Ben Stoeger this weekend and after that I am sure I will whoop up on Jonah and Duke. ;)
Mn01r6

Postby andrewP on Sat May 17, 2014 5:35 am

Ron Burgundy wrote:I have a gripe -- I couldn't go on Thursday!

Seriously, thank you and Mike for stepping up to run things (and for your work last year, too).

Likewise; I ended up being otherwise occupied on Thursday afternoon, but that turned out to be a good thing, as yesterday when I went out to the range to get some practice in (BESA, in my case), I discovered that my 9mm sizing die had somehow gotten out of adjustment during the last batch of ammo I made up, leading to cases getting stuck in the chamber. (That'll teach me not to case gauge *every* round I make - that would have caught it. :P) Not a problem I'd like to have had during a match, and it's been corrected now. See you all next week, when it'll hopefully be a tolerable temperature outside!

ETA: Hey, the 10-day forecast shows a high of 69 for next Thursday, so *maybe* the weather is finally going to cooperate for us?
andrewP

Postby Snofish on Sat May 17, 2014 8:47 am

When you are moving, odds are you should be reloading.

That's what is so embarrassing - it was on Speed Demons (no moving!) :lol:

It was great to shoot with you and I was very impressed with your abilities. You beat me...(my 20 penalty points on speed demons will do that) but I am going to Ben Stoeger this weekend and after that I am sure I will whoop up on Jonah and Duke. ;)

Thanks for the positive feedback!

I am in no way looking to beat anyone but myself.
I have no depth perception due to strabismus(lazy eye) in addition to eye muscle/vision damage from a BB gun "accident" when I was 15.
Therefore I am looking to improve and adapt my skills with my cross dominant "good" eye.
Snofish

Postby solidgun on Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 am

What time is setup and teardown (expected)?
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing personal opinion. —PROVERBS 18:2
solidgun

Postby SkyRock on Thu May 22, 2014 11:52 am

solidgun wrote:What time is setup and teardown (expected)?

Show up at the Comp range about 3:30 for setup. We'll take it from there.

Teardown begins when we finish shooting, and ends when we're done.
SkyRock

Postby SkyRock on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:55 pm

As of about 5 minutes ago, the 50yd and 100yd ranges are underwater, but the Comp range is merely soggy. We thought long and hard (2-3 milliseconds) and decided to cancel tonight's match.

Sorry for the short notice. FWIW, we're working on a means to provide cancelation notices for all, but we aren't there yet.

SkyRock
OGC USPSA Practical Pistol co-Boss
SkyRock

Postby andrewP on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:15 pm

SkyRock wrote:As of about 5 minutes ago, the 50yd and 100yd ranges are underwater, but the Comp range is merely soggy. We thought long and hard (2-3 milliseconds) and decided to cancel tonight's match.

Sorry for the short notice. FWIW, we're working on a means to provide cancelation notices for all, but we aren't there yet.

SkyRock
OGC USPSA Practical Pistol co-Boss

Glad I decided to check the computer one last time before heading out. Too bad it's so swampy out there, but I guess that's life. See you all next week!
andrewP

Postby gunsmith on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:23 pm

Where's the tornado shelter out there?

Hope it's not that outhouse.
gunsmith

Postby SkyRock on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:29 pm

gunsmith wrote:Where's the tornado shelter out there?

You know what they say. "Go to the lowest level of the structure..." :roll:
SkyRock

Postby SkyRock on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:30 pm

gunsmith wrote:Where's the tornado shelter out there?

In other words, I don't know. But if the storage area of on the Comp range is open, I'd use that.
SkyRock

Next

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs