Oakdale Thursday USPSA League

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: Oakdale Thursday USPSA League

Postby BBeckwith on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:19 pm

SkyRock wrote:
gunsmith wrote:Where's the tornado shelter out there?

Hope it's not that outhouse.

You know what they say. "Go to the lowest level of the structure..." :roll:

Bravo!!!
The IQ of a mob is the IQ of its dumbest member, divided by the number of people in it.
BBeckwith

Postby xd ED on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:53 pm

SkyRock wrote:
gunsmith wrote:Where's the tornado shelter out there?

Hope it's not that outhouse.

In other words, I don't know. But if the storage area of on the Comp range is open, I'd use that.

If that wasn't open, maybe the 200 bunker.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby LumberZach on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Too bad it was cancelled. I will be there next week unless I need to work some odd hours.
LumberZach

Postby gunsmith on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:01 pm

LumberZach wrote:Too bad it was cancelled. I will be there next week unless I need to work some odd hours.

4 inches in MPLS 3-6 inches elsewhere...35 of 87 counties have state of emergency.
gunsmith

Postby Tubguy on Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:13 am

Does anybody know if Oakdale is having a match on this Thursday
One of us has to go and I'm staying
Tubguy

Postby SkyRock on Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:16 am

Tubguy wrote:Does anybody know if Oakdale is having a match on this Thursday

Yes, we are.
SkyRock

Postby andrewP on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:33 am

Just saw the scores from last week got posted, and bah, that's 2 weeks in a row now where if I could exchange a mike for a delta on the classifier stage, it would have bumped me up a class (D-->C, nothing special for many people, but it'd mean a lot to me). I guess my plan for this afternoon is to take that extra 1/4 second or so and be really sure of my hits.
andrewP

Postby jonahk on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:15 am

andrewP wrote:Just saw the scores from last week got posted, and bah, that's 2 weeks in a row now where if I could exchange a mike for a delta on the classifier stage, it would have bumped me up a class (D-->C, nothing special for many people, but it'd mean a lot to me). I guess my plan for this afternoon is to take that extra 1/4 second or so and be really sure of my hits.

Hits are always important!

This is especially true when I get in Duke's head and cause him to drop points. He might shoot a second faster but I beat him in alphas and therefore, the stage ;P
A75146
jonahk

Postby LumberZach on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:46 am

I figure if I focus on alphas the speed will come later. I had no misconceptions of winning production this year!
LumberZach

Postby andrewP on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:05 pm

jonahk wrote:
andrewP wrote:Just saw the scores from last week got posted, and bah, that's 2 weeks in a row now where if I could exchange a mike for a delta on the classifier stage, it would have bumped me up a class (D-->C, nothing special for many people, but it'd mean a lot to me). I guess my plan for this afternoon is to take that extra 1/4 second or so and be really sure of my hits.

Hits are always important!

This is especially true when I get in Duke's head and cause him to drop points. He might shoot a second faster but I beat him in alphas and therefore, the stage ;P

That's just it; a delta vs a mike would have made my score better than Duke's on that stage! He was 5.4 seconds faster than me, but shot 12 less points and the same amount of penalties. Actually, looking at it again, I shot more points than anyone else; I just got knocked down by the mike, and in fact there were only 3 people who didn't have at least 10 points worth of penalty on that stage, so I guess I can't feel too bad about it, at least compared to everyone else. :)

LumberZach wrote:I figure if I focus on alphas the speed will come later. I had no misconceptions of winning production this year!

No joke; with Jonah and Duke around, the rest of us will have to work pretty hard to get there, but that challenge is a good thing!
andrewP

Postby jonahk on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:17 pm

Well if I ever received a healthy dose of karma it was tonight. Duke reminded me we were only 0.7% off each other's standings for the season. What did I do? Shoot my worst oakdale match in history.

Whoops
A75146
jonahk

Postby LumberZach on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:41 pm

Well I couldn't make tonight, but I don't think I hurt my standing at all.
LumberZach

Postby andrewP on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:39 pm

LumberZach wrote:Well I couldn't make tonight, but I don't think I hurt my standing at all.

Too bad you didn't make it. The long stages were interesting and fun today. The one on the comp range was definitely an exercise in figuring out the best way to do it. I got a little too ambitious for my own good with my plan for it, and my score will pay the price, but it was fun to try it the high risk/high reward way vs the more conservative way just about everybody else did it.
andrewP

Postby Snofish on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:38 am

jonahk wrote:Well if I ever received a healthy dose of karma it was tonight. Duke reminded me we were only 0.7% off each other's standings for the season. What did I do? Shoot my worst oakdale match in history.

Whoops

Relax, No mere mortals were allowed into the top 5. You just shuffled those same names a bit from previous weeks, that's all. ;)
Snofish

Postby andrewP on Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:08 am

Snofish wrote:
jonahk wrote:Well if I ever received a healthy dose of karma it was tonight. Duke reminded me we were only 0.7% off each other's standings for the season. What did I do? Shoot my worst oakdale match in history.

Whoops

Relax, No mere mortals were allowed into the top 5. You just shuffled those same names a bit from previous weeks, that's all. ;)

Well, not quite. The previous week (the 17th) when Jonah wasn't there, at least one "mere mortal" managed to sneak into the top 5 overall in Production. Clearly he was shirking his responsibility to keep said "mere mortal" out by not showing up, right? :)
andrewP

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs