2014 MN Section Match

Local shooting clubs and leagues

2014 MN Section Match

Postby raytex on Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:18 pm

I cannot find any information, other than a date of 8/16/14, for the 2014 MN Section match. Can someone direct me to a link for registration? Thanks.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ---Albert Einstein
raytex

2014 MN Section Match

Postby Ron Burgundy on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:22 am

I don't think they are taking registration yet. Is keep an eye on mnmatch.com or mnuspsa.org
Ron Burgundy

Re: 2014 MN Section Match

Postby -=VILLY=- on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Match info is up on http://mnuspsa.org/match.html.

The mnmatch.com will no longer be used.
"MIND OVER MATTER - If you don't MIND, then it don't MATTER."
-=VILLY=-

Postby andrewP on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 am

So as a lowly unclassified (and probably high "D" at best once I'm classified) shooter, is it worthwhile to go to something like this, or is it just a good way to get my rear end handed to me even more than I do at local matches and spend a lot more money doing it? Also, if I'm wishy-washy about it, is there a limited number of slots available, such that I'd need to make a decision quickly?
andrewP

Postby -=VILLY=- on Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:09 am

andrewP wrote:So as a lowly unclassified (and probably high "D" at best once I'm classified) shooter, is it worthwhile to go to something like this, or is it just a good way to get my rear end handed to me even more than I do at local matches and spend a lot more money doing it?

That depends, are you really wanting to be all that competitive, or do you want to have some fun and maybe challenge yourself to get better?

One thing I enjoy about the MN Section Match is that there are more stages (courses of fire) so more trigger time. It is a match though, so there will be some people there serious about winning. But there will be more people there looking to have a great time shooting with friends and like-minded folks.

I've been where you are. But I realize that the only way to get better is to keep on shooting. So I kept on going, paying attention to how the good shooters shoot, learn from watching and asking, and I paid more attention to how I progressed instead of how I placed.
-=VILLY=-

Postby -=VILLY=- on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:26 pm

andrewP wrote:Also, if I'm wishy-washy about it, is there a limited number of slots available, such that I'd need to make a decision quickly?

I'm not aware of any limit on the number of slots for the section match. I don't recall there being any in the last few years I've attended.
-=VILLY=-

Postby andrewP on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:32 pm

-=VILLY=- wrote:
andrewP wrote:Also, if I'm wishy-washy about it, is there a limited number of slots available, such that I'd need to make a decision quickly?

I'm not aware of any limit on the number of slots for the section match. I don't recall there being any in the last few years I've attended.

Thanks for the advice, and it's good to know that I don't have to make a snap decision about it. Crappy as it is, both the fact that it's a MUCH longer drive and that the match fee is 5x what I'm used to paying @ OGC's Thursday evening matches factor into it. On the other hand, 9 stages in a day sounds like a lot of fun, so who knows, maybe I'll persuade myself that it's worth it. :)
andrewP

2014 MN Section Match

Postby Ron Burgundy on Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:50 am

Bump. Still room for more.

It's a pretty quick drive from MPLS to a fantastic range and well worth it in my opinion. 9 stages and chance to learn by watching some great shooters.
Ron Burgundy

Postby jonahk on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:10 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:Bump. Still room for more.

It's a pretty quick drive from MPLS to a fantastic range and well worth it in my opinion. 9 stages and chance to learn by watching some great shooters.

This.

If you enjoy shooting USPSA, these are some of the best and most challenging stages of the season.
A75146
jonahk

Postby Bessy on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:54 pm

Just signed up... wish I would have earlier, everyone I know is already squaded. Jonah... big man shooting with THE pro.... ;)
In Soviet Russia program executes you!
Bessy

Postby andrewP on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:15 am

-=VILLY=- wrote:

Just to update on this; I was looking at the registration page this morning, and there *does* seem to be a limit of 150 shooters (It says 51 slots remaining as of now). I guess I'm not too worried about it filling up, but I suppose I should make my decision sooner rather than later.
andrewP

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs