MGFC member in good standing

Local shooting clubs and leagues

MGFC member in good standing

Postby Mn01r6 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:52 am

I am moving from Woodbury to Maple Grove and driving all the way back to my current club (OGC) to shoot seems like a waste. I would like to join MGFC but it looks like I need a member to sponsor me - and I might be waiting a few years to get in...

If anyone on here knows the process and/or would be willing to sponsor a fine upstanding citizen that likes to shoot 3gun, tactical shotgun, USPSA, and an occasional trap round, please let me know.

It looks like I need to complete the application, orientation, and get a sponsor before I am considered for membership, which is a little bit different from OGC but I will roll with it.

Thanks!
Mn01r6

Re: MGFC member in good standing

Postby gunsmith on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:11 pm

Free advice out of the blue:

I'm always faced with 'engineering' problems that don't seem to have an easy solution....

What if....you wrote a note to both clubs OGC and MGFC...I assume you're paid up for a while at OGC ...and propose a swap if possible....that MGFC trade your OGC membership for one of theirs and vice versa.

There's some 'waiting line unfairness' there but you've already done your waiting at OGC and you will ultimately be a member at MGFC for years.

Unfortunately 'Gas Cost' is now subconsciously factored into a lot of decisions..

Just a thought :)
gunsmith

Re: MGFC member in good standing

Postby b727capt on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:24 pm

Go shoot an IDPA or USPSA match at MTGF. I would think someone would sponsor you if you're a good guy.
b727capt

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs