First time RSO duty today at OGC

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: First time RSO duty today at OGC

Postby EAJuggalo on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:37 pm

My direction from the previous two general managers when I was lead was that slugs only were allowed on the rifle ranges, bird only on the trap range.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Re: First time RSO duty today at OGC

Postby hard h2o on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:43 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
I agree it requires clarification. It has always been my understanding that we are slug only on the ranges and believe it is stated that way in the lead book. I was lead that weekend so if I was calling it wrong, do want to know.

The briefing that morning and on my previous RSO day was most sufficient. There will always be gray areas. No matter how well things are spelled out or how many rules you have there will always be someone trying to stretch things.

I think I made the right call. If he had questioned my athoritay I would have called for clarification from the lead.

I assumed from reading the website, previous trips to the range, previous RSO day, and common sense that shot would not be allowed on the center and rimfire ranges.

It seems to me that nothing is to be learned firing shot on paper that can not be better learned on the patterning station. I might give you one or two if you might be trying to regulate a double barrel or something like that but he had several boxes of shells. I could see a few shells not tearing things up too bad but three or four boxes? That's 75 to 100 shells.
hard h2o

Previous

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs