Announcement

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Announcement

Postby Seismic Sam on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:09 am

Not many of you know this, but I WAS a Director of Oakdale Gun Club. Yesterday I resigned from the Board of Directors, so I just thought you should know that. If nothing else, nobody can make any more bogus claims that I was somehow abusing my position in certain matters that have been discussed at length in here. The President mocked up a design for a backstop that was way off base and didn't meet NRA standards, I called him on it, and got a face full of obscenities and abuse for trying to do my job as Planning Director. I had a valid design that had been presented to the board 15 months ago, the President never said boo about it, and then went out and screwed the pooch. I won't take that s**t from anybody, which is why I got elected in the first place.

I'm not all that sad about it, as being a Director at club meetings is WORSE than being a mod in this Daycare Center.....
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Re: Announcement

Postby ttousi on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:56 am

I'm not all that sad about it, as being a Director at club meetings is WORSE than being a mod in this Daycare Center.....

:rotf:

Sorry, couldn't resist
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby Seismic Sam on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:44 am

Jerry Marah is turning into another Stan Durda, and sadly this is no joke...
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby rtk on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:41 pm

Nothing worse than gun club politics.. Or VFW, Legion, or any other club!
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby bstrawse on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:54 pm

I was there last night to offer moral support to Sam for his resignation speech. He served with honor and put up with this sort of abuse far longer than I was willing to do.

Welcome to freedom Sam :)
B
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby wasfuzz on Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:

Yet you still come here, if this is such a Daycare, why do you continue to grace us with your online presence?
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby cobb on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:08 pm

wasfuzz wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:

Yet you still come here, if this is such a Daycare, why do you continue to grace us with your online presence?

Knowing Sam personally, I don't think he meant as it was interpreted, but I may be wrong. Sam has been around long enough to know the story behind the "Daycare Center" and may be trying to parallel with OGC. Maybe a smiley face after his comment would have helped, but that's not something an ogre does. ;)

And Sam as far as being worse, I was on the board of directors for our local club for about 13 years. Much simpler here as a mod than dealing with some of the one sided issues promoted by an officer of the club that has their agenda and likes to try to strong arm their position. So like you, I resigned my board position several months ago and life is good.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:48 am

wasfuzz wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:

Yeah, you don't get the context because you're not a charter member. During the great schism of 2007 when people were bailing from Joel Rosenberg's board and coming over here because of his deepening diabetic dementia, Joel contemptuously referred to this board as "The Daycare Center" and the name stuck, because he regarded ANYBODY who didn't support his persecutions and witch hunts as little bitches and crybabies. Thus endeth the history lesson for the day.
Last edited by Seismic Sam on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby wasfuzz on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:09 am

OK, I stand corrected then, not knowing the story behind the story I took the comment out of context. I apologize then to Sam.
Nothing to see here move along,
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby cobb on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:08 am

wasfuzz wrote:OK, I stand corrected then, not knowing the story behind the story I took the comment out of context. I apologize then to Sam.
Nothing to see here move along,

:cheers:
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING

cobb

Postby Rodentman on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:42 pm

Sam you gotta do what it right for you. As the recipient of vicious virulent and vitriolic invective at my place of deployment, I'm just waiting to bail. They won't get the requested 4 month notice for retirement but the customary 2 week notice. My new orifice there has the view of a Supermax cell and the eumenides of room 22 at the Hanoi Hilton.
Rodentman

Postby Seismic Sam on Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:09 am

Well, might as well let you see how bad it got. Jerry's mock-up of the 50 backstop was seriously flawed, and had a 3 foot gap in it between the top of the berm and the wall behind it, which is completely against NRA standards. I sent him a polite letter with pictures and facts in in pointing why it was wrong and what could be done to make it right, and this is what I got back:

Sam; In stead of BEATING YOUR gums about something YOU don't what the hell Your talking about. Why don't You ask about all this. From You I don't want to hear any
more out of MOUTH DIARRHEA. Any person that was a PART of the big SCREW UP on the one hundred range, Should zipper up the MOUTH sit down and SHUT UP.
People are sick and Tired of BABBLING on and on about something YOU don't KNOW what the hell Your talking about. Jerry Marah

This is the President talking to the guy who is Planning Director, and who saved the club 1.1 million dollars by taking the Black-Dew design which required 300 feet of concrete walls and 10 baffles on the 100 (for $1.6 mil) into a 100 foot design with only 5 baffles which was less than a third the cost. It went downhill from there, and other Board members told me when I resigned that they also thought Jerry had screwed the pooch with his mock-up.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby bstrawse on Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:37 pm

Sam's post is one of Jerry's milder emails ;)
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby cobb on Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:35 pm

:hmm:
This part might be questionable.

Seismic Sam wrote: I sent him a polite letter....

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING

cobb

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:57 pm

Sorry to hear about this Sam. As an OGC member hearing this and seeing such correspondence from our president is concerning.
Holland&Holland

Next

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs