Announcement

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: Announcement

Postby sawgrass on Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:08 pm

andrewP wrote:
ttousi wrote:
How is it that someone who employs that level of vitriol and grammarchaos (yes, that's a technical term :p) in what is arguably official correspondence ever got elected president of anything? I realize it's not technically a popularity contest, but if someone spoke to me in that way, it'd be VERY difficult for them to get my vote.

you have much to learn in the ways of OGC grasshopper :P

I guess I'm just surprised, given the overall friendly and welcoming nature of every member I've ever had the pleasure of interacting with when I shoot USPSA matches there in the summer. I would not have expected the president of an organization whose members all seem to be awesome to be so abrasive.

OGC is a wonderful place to shoot filled with members and board members who are attached to the club. Take the good, apply and exercise a bit of emotional intelligence to the rest and happy shooting. It isn't any secret that shooting is a passionate sport.

It's disheartening that the President or anyone else involved with the club is being called out on a forum that they don't visit. Very poor taste in my opinion. I'm actually a little shocked by some of the participation in this thread.
NRA Life Member
GOCRA Member
sawgrass

Postby OldmanFCSA on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:38 am

OGC is a wonderful place to shoot filled with members and board members who are attached to the club. Take the good, apply and exercise a bit of emotional intelligence to the rest and happy shooting. It isn't any secret that shooting is a passionate sport.

It's disheartening that the President or anyone else involved with the club is being called out on a forum that they don't visit. Very poor taste in my opinion. I'm actually a little shocked by some of the participation in this thread.

F.Y.I. - Jerry recently lost his wife and this has affected his demeaner, as it should all of us. Trying to continue the business of running the OGC during this time may result in some non PC language.
All this normally happens behind the scenes and the general members and public don't need to know the specifics to continue to have a good shooting time. Not to say the members shouldn't get involved in the general membership meetings and go to the board meetings.
Review some of the older postings about OGC and a trend will appear with topics about all the horrors that happen there, and all the bad ranges, and bad engineering choices, and bad shooter techniques with brass casings that were shot in nonnormal chamberings. These are topics that may be important to a few, but the majority of us shooters do not enjoy constant review of these topics and images. Move on. Enough has been said.
OldmanFCSA

Postby cobb on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:05 am

Title says "Announcement" and here is the announcement.
Seismic Sam wrote:Not many of you know this, but I WAS a Director of Oakdale Gun Club. Yesterday I resigned from the Board of Directors, so I just thought you should know that.

Announcement made, rest is off topic.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Previous

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs