Minnetonka Sportsmen, Inc - Mound, MN

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Postby jaradmargolis on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:56 pm

Hi All

Avid MNGT reader here just bought my first house out in Mound, MN

I was looking for a gun range that is close to that part of town, since Bill's will no longer be a short drive from home.

In doing some research on the DNR website I cam across Minnetonka Sportsmen. From the looks of things it is a members only range/club and new or prospective members must be referred or "sponsored" by an existing member. I figured MNGT would be a great place to start. I am soliciting new member sponsorship from any willing MNGT/Minnetonka Sportsmen, Inc members. Willing to compensate in the form of 1 full case of beer if that's your fancy :).

Also, if any members/non-members could offer some additional information on this club, that too, would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
jaradmargolis

Postby BBeckwith on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:42 pm

Shot there many a times when Badger still lived in this neck of the woods. The rifle range is pretty nice. The new roof over the shooting benches is nice. Pistol range is rock so
It doesn't get to muddy. Kinda small but nice range.
The IQ of a mob is the IQ of its dumbest member, divided by the number of people in it.
BBeckwith

Re: Minnetonka Sportsmen, Inc - Mound, MN

Postby Don L on Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:56 am

I believe there's a 2 or 3 year waiting list for membership. There's a number on the club's sign to call for more details.
NRA Regional Training Counselor
MN, IL, & Utah Instructor
Lots of Other Stuff
Minnesota Cary Permit Class - MN Carry Permit .com
Don L

Re: Minnetonka Sportsmen, Inc - Mound, MN

Postby solidgun on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:46 am

3 year wait according to the last newsletter.
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing personal opinion. —PROVERBS 18:2
solidgun

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs