Precision Rifle Matches

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Precision Rifle Matches

Postby AIM_2014 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:09 pm

I couldn't find anything on Google about this so figured I would post up and ask. Is their any tactical rifle competitions? I know they are pretty big out west with the Precision Rifle Series and down south.
AIM_2014

Re: Precision Rifle Matches

Postby Lights on Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:34 pm

I do not know of any but I wish there was. Or some kind of sportsmans class of NRA high power. Where shooting jackets, slings and shoes etc are not allowed. Just plain old web slings are allowed. Maybe there is such a thing I don't know??
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified RSO
Lights

Postby MJY65 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Based on the other thread about limited access to longer shooting ranges, I'd say finding a location that would allow it would be problematic.
MJY65

Postby AIM_2014 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:31 pm

Guess for now I will have to travel.
AIM_2014

Precision Rifle Matches

Postby gaberelli on Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:08 pm

I have also been looking for something along these lines. In the SW metro you need to be ready to travel for anything worthwhile...

Heinous typos thanks to autocorrect.
gaberelli

Postby shooter115 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:11 pm

I do believe they hold some PRS style matches at Gopher, but it's not really advertised.
shooter115

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:12 pm

I know Gopher had some kind of tactical/precision match a few years ago. I wasn't involved, I don't know how things turned out and I don't know if they've had any since.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby xd ED on Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:52 am

There was at least one (and possibly 3) @ GRRC this past season. I overheard one of the participants talking about it. Had to do some running, hostage scenario(s), maybe moving targets; sounded interesting.
The event listed as "Action Arms Tactical Rifle 4th match" scheduled for 28 Sep was cancelled for reasons unknown.
http://www.grrc.org/events/
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Erud on Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:14 am

Lights wrote:I do not know of any but I wish there was. Or some kind of sportsmans class of NRA high power. Where shooting jackets, slings and shoes etc are not allowed. Just plain old web slings are allowed. Maybe there is such a thing I don't know??

You can shoot that way at any HP match, provided you and your equipment are safe. Most of the other shooters will be using the traditional HP gear, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun without it. Come on out.
Erud

Postby Erud on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:49 am

xd ED wrote:There was at least one (and possibly 3) @ GRRC this past season. I overheard one of the participants talking about it. Had to do some running, hostage scenario(s), maybe moving targets; sounded interesting.
The event listed as "Action Arms Tactical Rifle 4th match" scheduled for 28 Sep was cancelled for reasons unknown.
http://www.grrc.org/events/

I shot one of these at GRRC a few years back, maybe 5? Steve Shimek was in charge of it at the time, don't know if he still is. It was quite a bit of fun. I've always wanted to go back to do another, but my summer schedule has not allowed it as of yet.
Erud

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs