Anyone a member of BESA?

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Anyone a member of BESA?

Postby shovelheadmike on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:34 am

I was a member there some years ago and would like to join up again.I went to their web site,not sure if they are open to new members and I see that you still need a sponsor,any info?
thanks,
Mike
shovelheadmike

Re: Anyone a member of BESA?

Postby andrewP on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:14 pm

As far as I know, we're still accepting members, yes. My understanding is that the sponsor thing isn't a big deal, although I only joined about a year ago, so I'm not exactly an expert on that aspect of it. Is the person who sponsored you the first time no longer a member or for some reason unwilling to sponsor you again? Honestly, I'd just show up at one of the open to the public events and talk to some people there; if you say you're thinking of joining, but you need to put somebody's name down on the sheet, I bet the 9/10 people you talk to will say "use my name."
andrewP

Re: Anyone a member of BESA?

Postby shovelheadmike on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:06 am

Thanks for the reply,I wasn't sure about the sponsor thing,the guy that did it last time I haven't seen in years,and I let my membership run out,that was 15+ years ago.I talked to someone last night at Lakes trading and he filled me in on some things.I'll have to get to a meeting, but I shoot league on tuesday s so I'll have to figure it out.
Thanks again,
Mike
shovelheadmike

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs