Minnesota Sportsmens Club - Livonia Twp

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Minnesota Sportsmens Club - Livonia Twp

Postby rshmn163 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:58 pm

Hi, is anyone here a member of Minnesota Sportsmen's Club in Livonia Township? I'm moving a few miles west of there this next summer and would love to become a member.

Thanks!
rshmn163

Postby mrgoodwrench1985 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:03 pm

Im not familiar with that club. But you wont be far from elk river sportsmens club (imho a great club with some great people myself included) welcome to the neighborhood
mrgoodwrench1985

Re: Minnesota Sportsmens Club - Livonia Twp

Postby JJ on Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:07 am

I'm not a member there, but have explored a membership out there. I love about 2 miles north of it, so it would be convenient.

That said, getting in to an opening was tedious. 2-4year waiting list, need sponsorship from a member who has put in their hours (members can work or buy their way out of), and you have to be present at the one membership meeting per year to be selected.
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Re: Minnesota Sportsmens Club - Livonia Twp

Postby MJY65 on Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:42 am

JJ wrote:That said, getting in to an opening was tedious. 2-4year waiting list, need sponsorship from a member who has put in their hours (members can work or buy their way out of), and you have to be present at the one membership meeting per year to be selected.

I've run into that issue with some of the other ranges. I wouldn't mind driving a bit to shoot at a really nice range, but getting that far to a weeknight meeting after work just isn't happening.
MJY65

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs